dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: <sigh>politics.......</sigh>

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    IMO, we need a new politics thread. This one is way too offtopic. The thread should actually be professional, and would actually have points being proved, rather than argued.

I'm making one ...
    Share on Google+

i think we should just wait and see what will happen in these 4 next years, and hope u ll all regret whom u voted for, as we all know who will win this ersatz of democratic election...
    Share on Google+

...or, you know, we could just all vote Nader...
    Share on Google+

A series of tubes known as the "internets"

Exclamation

GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

we are NOT talking religion here, JUST politics. i know that religion was the basis of much of politics, but that's not what we're here for.
    Share on Google+

to too many people, religion is the basis of everything, even of their very life...
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by LiLcRaZyFuZzY
    to too many people, religion is the basis of everything, even of their very life...
    And why is that such a despicable thing for you? If you believe that the choices you make in this like will affect your eternal well-being, then of course you're going to base your life on your religious beliefs! However, I have personally found that you don't have to wait till you die to find rewards for living as a good Christian. As I live the doctrines more fully, I notice that my life actually becomes brighter, and I'm a happier person in general. Even if, in the end, it turned out that this life was all there is, I think that basing my life on my religious beliefs would be plenty worth it, and I think that anyone else who really tried it whole-heartedly would find the same.

Sorry for bringing the politics thread back to religion again, but theuedimaster and LiLcRaZyFuZzY's claims on how abhorrent religion is called for another opinion...
    Share on Google+

right. religion is a very powerful tool. but this is not the place. these discussions almost always turn out ugly.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by theuedimaster
    See, by tearing it apart, you are just getting half the idea I am trying to give. You are misusing my words against me. You have to see the whole point I am trying to make. Plus, I am not Christian bashing. You said that I attatched KKK to Christianity. Again, you are just taking a small sentence out of my whole post. Why did I say that? Because Paul said that Christianity was the only reason we were successful. He was basically attributing the plight of third-world countries to them not believing in Christianity. He was basically being a Christian Supremist. Chrisitianity better than everyone else type of belief. Now that type of belief is very dangerous, and I was attributing that belief to the KKK's belief, which is very similiar, and trying to make him think twice about what he was saying. And by the way I was not bashing Christianity itself. I was bashing the idea of Christian supremacy. I was bashing the idea that Christianity is the "right" belief. I was bashing people who are so closed minded, that they won't admit that there is a possibility that they are wrong. I will admit that I may be wrong. Of course there is a possibility that Christianity is the "right" belief. That there actually is a god up there. But they may be wrong too. Maybe its the buddhists.......... I am keeping my mind open that maybe, maybe, there is a
    chance that I may be wrong.
    I was responding point by point. You still compared christianity within your post. I counter the whole idea point by point, not as a lump. If someone wants to read the whole thing they can.
    Share on Google+

i think we should just wait and see what will happen in these 4 next years, and hope u ll all regret whom u voted for, as we all know who will win this ersatz of democratic election...
    Thats right, the dems are going to try to litigate this election. With biased coutrs like the florida supreme court that went against the law and precidents and had to be struck down by the national supreme court in the last election.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    Thats right, the dems are going to try to litigate this election.
    is it a joke i dont understand?
    Share on Google+

is it a joke i dont understand?
    John Kerry says he has 10,000 loyers ready to roll. It seems to me that he is going to challenge the results in swing states if the election does not go in his favor. Like Gore did in florida, a lot of fraud entered into those recounts btw. The whole recount ruling was illegal, the florida supreme court over stepped its bounds.
    Share on Google+

may i remind u that it was gore that won that last election..?all the fraud came from the republicans, but this time it wont be that obvious because the government is republican
    Share on Google+

hmm

OK i'm not American but the coverage of the US election has been very strong over the last few days (in the UK).

I have 1 question to ask: -
    What is "The War Against Terror&reg;" anyway?

It is possible to have a war on Iraq, but terror itself?
    Share on Google+

Re: hmm

Originally posted by nshiell
    OK i'm not American but the coverage of the US election has been very strong over the last few days (in the UK).

I have 1 question to ask: -
    What is "The War Against Terror&reg;" anyway?

It is possible to have a war on Iraq, but terror itself?
    the big problem is that we're going after terror one country at a time (or so it seems) and so they are deemed as the "war in afghanistan" and the "war in iraq"
    Share on Google+

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    may i remind u that it was gore that won that last election..?all the fraud came from the republicans, but this time it wont be that obvious because the government is republican
    please explain ... gor elost the election, and instead of admitting it, forced his lawyers to demand a recount. And correctly, Katherine HArris gave the announcement of Decemeber 14th, 2000, that Bush had won the state of Florida by 735 votes.

4 more years ...
    Share on Google+

Thread Information