www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How many times can I repeat keywords?

Question How many times can I repeat keywords?

Let's say I want to associate one city with different products. In the keywords can I do:

carrots Orlando, brocoli Orlando, soup Orlando, milk Orlando, and so on ...

My point is can I use the word Orlando unlimited amount of times as long as it's paired with a different word?

If not, then how many times can I use it?

Thanks in advance.

James

3 times thats it... Really you only need to use it once!

Using your example below you could just put:
    Orlando, carrots, brocoli, soup, milk

To the search engines it's going to mean the same as what you had without worrying about spamming the SE.

Now google keep in mind is going to check your page for these words so your better off using these "key words' as often as possible within the text of your page.
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

Question What about Description words; should they repeat in different pages?

What about the words in the sentences in:
    <meta name="description" content="....
    I had read that words shouldn't repeat within the sentence of the description of a page. However, can I repeat words in the descriptions of the different pages?
    I mean;
    if page one's description has the word carrots, can I repeat the word carrots in the description of page two? Thanks.

James

In the 'Title' and 'Description' fields, repeating your keywords will not help.

'Keywords'
    Tip1: Leave the commas out all together: Orlando summer florida beach girls. (Search engine will match any of the given keywords together whenever a search is completed on an SE)

Tip2: If you feel more comfortable with commas between keywords then leave out the spaces to raise up your prominence of that keywords and to be able to use more keywords (e.g. Orlando beach girl,Orlando Florida sun,Orlando...... Many SE's don't go past a certain amount of characters.. try to stay within 200).
    Also if you do this use at least 2-3 keywords search phrases since it very unlikely that you will be placed as #1 on any search engine for one word.

Question Why would you suggest no repeat of keywords in title and description?

Thanks for the response. I did lots of reading about meta info in the last several weeks, but you're the first person suggesting not to use the same words in title and description. I've read on many instances to repeat the words in title and description. Here's one instance:
    http://www.highrankings.com/metadescription.htm

james

Good point. It is always to be able to point to your reference point. Here is mine.

http://www.seorank.com/title-tag-met...iption-tag.htm

Do's and Don'ts. # 3

Your article actually states the same.

Because of this I put the important keywords first. I also usually try to use the same first words that I've used in my title tag as the first words in my meta description tag whenever possible. I usually limit this tag to one good descriptive sentence, although I have occasionally used two sentences if they're fairly short. Generally, most engines will index approximately 200 characters of the meta description tag. The longest ones I've seen have been in HotBot.I try to not repeat words in this tag;
    Last edited by Intensity; 08-07-2004 at 09:18 PM.

Key Word Density

The key word density for MSN and Yahoo are very different than what is acceptable on Google. To get a top ranking on non Google sites and to do so quickly I would consider spamming my pages. I have found that 8 to 12 repeats of the word strings gets me the results I want to achieve. Google is another or different Kettle of fish. They love links from the home page going to secondary pages with mucho links. All internal lins are fine with them. If the links have your key words your rankings will increase. I know this sounds to simple to be true so get your fingers out and start counting the links. Good luck. Jim

Thread Information