dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Accessing Client's Clipboard

Accessing Client's Clipboard

Hi All,

I am trying to retrieve an image from the users clipboard and save it to a file on the server. I copy an mschart to the clipboard using chart.editcopy and I know that it exists within the clients clipboard.

I have been trying to access the clipboard from the client side (using javascript) but it has been pointed out to me that I have to use server-side code.

Any help greatly appreciated,
    Fiona

You can't use server side code to do it. You keep comeing in here asking how to do stuff with the client server side, but its not possible. A server side script cannot deal with the client like that because the server side script is actually run by the server, hence the name. Its like a script running on a server cant execute programs on the clients box. A client side script cannot execute programs on the server. There is a gap, and if there were not it would be a massive security problem.

Peo, we should write a big article explaining what a server-side language can and cannot do. It seems most users are not sure about the restrictions.

Yes, its probably time for another sticky.
    Maybe we could get it posted in the php cgi forums too....

Ummm... a moderator was the one who pointed her in the wrong direction: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...threadid=39936

LOL. He should read the sticky when we make it.

I have absolutely no idea how to do these things. I only came into THIS forum because someone told me to.

Im sorry, I won't post anything again.

You can post stuff, you are just not going to be able to do what you are looking to do with asp.net.

Thread Information