dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I don't want scrollbars! How can I not get them? *Example included*

I don't want scrollbars! How can I not get them? *Example included*

I am trying desperately to mimic this site because I really like the layout and I want to have a similar look on my own site ---> http://www.kellyclarksonweb.com/ and I am almost there, but there are two obstacles in my way!

Obstacle #1: That ^ site's front page never has scrollbars (except within the iframe on the right), no matter how you resize the browser window, a scrollbar never appears on the bottom or the right...I want that so bad! Is there a special (or simple) code that I need so that my front page doesn't have scrollbars either??

Obstacle #2: That site's "footer" at the bottom drags with the browser window so that when you resize it to make it smaller, it's stays visibly at the bottom...I love this effect too! What is the code to have this done, and is there a name for this effect??

Please help me,
    ~Andrea

Obstacle #1: Does this fix your problem? <body scroll="no">

Quote Originally Posted by drumbum360
    Obstacle #1: Does this fix your problem? <body scroll="no">
    It fixed my problem in I.E. , but not Mozilla or Netscape ...thanks for the I.E. part! but any ideas on getting that to work in Mozilla and Netscape? The site I'm trying to mimic works in each of the above browsers...

~Andrea

You can probably do this with CSS but I'm not sure how. Check the CSS forum and use the search tool on this site.

The sample page is using frames with scrolling="NO" set for most of the frames.

Of course, you might want to ask yourself why you want to get rid of the browser's scroll bars. They're there so that the user can see parts of the page that don't completely fit within their browser. Blocking those scroll bars entirely would seem to imply that you don't want the user to see everything if their browser happens to display a smaller area than whatever you have arbitrarily decided is the minimum allowable size.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog
    The sample page is using frames with scrolling="NO" set for most of the frames.

Of course, you might want to ask yourself why you want to get rid of the browser's scroll bars. They're there so that the user can see parts of the page that don't completely fit within their browser. Blocking those scroll bars entirely would seem to imply that you don't want the user to see everything if their browser happens to display a smaller area than whatever you have arbitrarily decided is the minimum allowable size.
    I absolutely want no scrollbars because of the graphics that I will put on my page...they are developed based around no scrollbars interfering, and if you went to the site, you will see that there really is no need for scrollbars...which is just another reason I don't want them...

I don't see how individual frames' scrolling settings will effect the whole page's settings, but anyhow...I want to mimic the site I showed you, and if those people can do it, I should be able to as well...

~Andrea

Thread Information