www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet Bible (it's only sacriligious if you think about it)

A series of tubes known as the "internets"

The Internet Bible (it's only sacriligious if you think about it)

what up with thee, brethren? here we begin the internet bible. post what you can think of, and then when i feel it fit, i'll invite everyone to write up their own with the scripture given. it'll be cool. i'll make a poll or summat out of it. blessings upon thee.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

lets come up with the books first. This could turn out to be a lot of stuff.

We need a book of browsers, or maybe a book for each browser. A book of haxors. Definatly a book of hosts (could be a parody of acts). We can have a long set of does and donts to parody numbers. Proverbs could take some time.

I can't think of a title for the first book, so here goes (v1-5):
    The Beginning
    1. In the beginning ARPA created the Internet. Now the Internet was formless and empty, no data flowed over the network, and the Interfaith Message Processor was hovering over the nodes.

And ARPA said, "Let there be protocols," and there were procols. And ARPA saw that the protocols were good, and it seperated the reliable stream from the addressing protocol. ARPA called the reliable protocol "TCP", and the addressing protocol it called "IP".
    Adam (not a heretic, honest)
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

the beginning of matthew would be interesting, too:
    ARPANET begat (i know i'm wrong after this) JANET, and JANET begat SPILNET, and SPILNET begat ARAFAT, and ARAFAT begat ALGORE, and ALGORE begat the INTERNET.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Dont forget, The ten commandments but anyway heres my contribution...

One day the w3c came to present themselves before the webmaster, and Satan also came with them. The webmaster said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"
    Satan answered the client , "Freewbs"
    Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my client Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who sits around for ages waiting for my simple background to load"
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

well wait
    should the web be the new testament? Because the web part is going to be the thicker part of this mofo because we are all web developers.

Dude! You guys are serious about this?

Originally posted by Jick
    yes.

Ok, I've done the beginning, how about the end:
    I warn everyone who downloads the bytes of webpages in this book: If anyone adds anything to them, the IAB will add to him the DDOS described in this book. And if anyone takes bytes away from this book of webpages, the IAB will take away from him his Internet connection which is described in this book.

Amen. Come, IPv6.
    Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Well lets figure out the books, when we can divide up the writing and put it into one large sereise of html documents and quote verses from it all over the place... such as the one in my sig.

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    Originally posted by Jick
    I couldn't have asked the ? better myself! And couldn't have been more stunned by the answer.

... and I thought this was a cool forum!

We could do it as a Wiki - anyone know a site where we can host one, or can provide the space?

A few possible books, with their equivalents:
    • Hello World (Genesis)
    • The Book of Protocols (Proverbs)
    • The Book of Lag (Lamentations)
    • The Book of Google (one of the major prophets, possibly Isaiah)
    • 0 & 1 Tim Berners-Lee (1 & 2 Timothy)
    Adam

i can easily sign up for another free netfirms site. it would work until we find better hosting.

Well I think the book of deprecation could be like numbers (or call it w3c standards or something).
    =

alright. i got a sight set up off of t35.com. the linkage is http://internetbible.t35.com. t35 has free php, so if anyone would like to volunteer services setting up a board of some sort, that would be cool. pm me and i'll set you up with the ftp info and i'll let anybody upload and update and whatever. this is going to be teh cool.

Thread Information