dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Probability on real live web sites

Question Probability on real live web sites

I hope my question is not too dump. I just need to know the probability about my idea. The scenario is about live news on the website just like a Instant messaging between two people or conference text. Is there any chance for webmaster to give their site a chat (Instant message) like speed of change ? For example as on the chat rooms, any user (but in my idea only site owner type messages and visitiors of the page only can see the messages) type messages and hit enter and every room visiters are able to see the messages at same time. Please forgive my question, but I just need to know is it possible ? I know you are the professionals and again I know there is no impossible for the professionals.

Sure. Basically it'd just be a one-way chat application, where the sender is always the same. The client side could be implemented as an Active X control, or, better yet, a Java applet, and embedded in a web page. The server side could be implemented using any suitable language.

Or, if the news can wait until the next time the user loads a page, you could just show the last X# of news items in a part of the page. This would be easier to implement, as it can be done with any suitable server side language, and it doesn't depend on the client side supporting plugins.

It is really hard to follow your advice about my poor knowledge on anything about java or any scripting. If I understand correctly, you said that is possible about a web page can change just like instant message speed, but how can I do this without any knowledge on scripting language. Could you give me a suggestion ? How can I finish this headache ?

Well, with no programming skills, you can either: acquire the skills to do it yourself; buy a product that'll do what you need "out of the box" (only possible if such a product exists); or get someone (which isn't going to be me) to do it for you, most likely in return for some form of compensation.

If someone can help me about the above problems, please pm message to me then we can talk about how can we finish and pricing details, etc. I apologize the moderators if I use wrong forums for my whole discussion starting and continuing.

Thread Information