www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please Provide Feedback

Please Provide Feedback

Hello, I'm new to this site/forum but I wish I knew about this site months ago. I created www.bestbetit.com not to long ago. People at my job tell me I need to do something with my site. I think they are just jealous but I'm not sure. Can someone please take a quick look at it? I'm sure I can make a few changes. Thank you very much

http://www.bestbetit.com

lose the tables and convert to css, get a doctype and validate your code at www.w3c.org. alot of your page will be made much easier with css cuz you wont need font tags. the colors are ok...i guess, but you need a lil more "wow" in it. you need some interaction like changing link colors or somthin. you have 2 little flashy phone numbers and thats it. maybe find some better suited colors, but those might do with a lil more zing to em. you need more content, and possibly a new layout. its just not eye-catching. i think everything might be a little to spread out. and you links are in the bottom right hnad corner , sry to say, but definetly needs some work.

o yea, welcome to the forums...lol
    Last edited by Booooze; 08-15-2004 at 01:14 PM.
    Were Drunk...Really Drunk...
    ----
    Customer: is it really that bad?
    Support Line: Yes
    Customer: Well when I take it back to the store, what do I tell them?
    Support Line: Tell them your to stupid to own a computer.

welcome aboard too

I agree with what basically all that boooze has said nothin more to say about it really.

Should I redo the entire site?

I would say yes simply because it will make your site accessible fast loading etc using css and proper xhtml/html. It might also help your design too.

it will also probably be easier to redo it then try to just convert the current

Yeah. No offense, but I strongly doubt your coworkers are jealous... and like Sharkey said in his little run-on way, do the whole thing over. It might serve you well to re-learn HTML and then continue onto learn CSS. When learning from w3schools, you'll most likely pick up some on how to do things right, that means semantic, valid, and accessible code. Once you've re-learned this (it's a short tutorial, so this shouldn't take long) I'd just restart your site. It defineteley needs a lot of polish...

Thread Information