www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I Need all the Advice I can get! :D

I Need all the Advice I can get! :D

Hey,
    I'm the newbie here,
    Im doing research for construction of a web page. I've never done anything like this before, so thats why I'm here.
    Being an artist I know i love to shear what I know with everyone who asks. I'm kinda hoping for the same respons from all of you;
    I need all the help I can get. I'm wanting to build a site, that will sponser the opening of a youth center; Or something like that. There are many more details, I have a list I've been working on for a while now.
    I'm curently at the research statge (like I said) so I'm soaking up as much info as I can.
    From what I've seen so far, any moreon can build a site. Just so you all know, i'm not looking for your mamma's web page. I want this thing to be 'profectO'

anyone up for the challenge?
    -spy

What you looking for? Tutorials? http://www.w3schools.com I love that place, haven't found better HTML/CSS tutorials. Explanation: HTML is the basis of a webpage, it marks up your content. Then you use CSS to display it how you like. Get that concept down NOW. There are many a people who improperly use HTML. Always validate your code. Erm, never use Geocities! Nevery rely on Javascript for navigation! If I sound incoherent, it's because I'm a looser. It's 1:01 AM, and I've been coding my online PHP journal for the past... 4 hours. Ah! The Insanity!

Very important. You must also check the code and other data that you enter. Your code will not render as you intended if you made an error in writing the code.
    What I am saying is you must check all of your work. You did not check your post for spelling. That can cause you a lot of problems in writing a page. You will remember me for that if you don't
    I'd say learn basic html code first. From there go to CSS or style sheets when you understand the basics. You can do searches on the web for Web page tutorals, and come back when you need more help.

Thread Information