www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Splitting the Cost of a Photo Gallery Site

Splitting the Cost of a Photo Gallery Site

Hi everyone,

How you all doing?

Question....

I need to get some royalty free photos from a photo site & was wondering if people wanted to go in with me on the cost. http://www.photos.com

We would split the $130 (depending on how many people chip in) & you have one month to download unlimited pics.

Pls. PM me if interested.

Thanks & have a great wknd.

Michelle

I don't know how well that fits with the photos.com licensing policy; you perhaps should be aware that the same parent company owns both photos.com and this forum.

Perhaps you might try some of the free stock photography sites instead?

Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

Well I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, so I wasn't concerned.

I thought that Dave who referred me to this site owned it & he knew exactly why I was posting.

Thanks for the info.

Michelle

I don't own the site, I'm just a super mod here...
    At the time I suggested here, I was thinking of the large community, rather than the fact it is owned by jupitermedia (which I'd forgotten).

There is a clause about not allowing anyone to use your username and password, but if this was paid for by a group then 'your' username and password refers to that belonging to a collective group.

Having read the T&Cs, they probably wouldn't have wanted you to do it if they'd thought of it, but as far as I can see they haven't actually prohibited it either.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Hey there LOL

I would think they'd rather get the membership fee than nothing at all & it is kind of pricey for just one month.

It's not like the whole world is going to use the membership.

So you think I can go ahead & do that?

Thanks & TTYL

Michelle

I edited my post (before or after you read it?) because I found something else, but reached the same conclusion.

If you wanted to make absolutely sure you could email them and ask them their position.

Actually a group subscription is quite an interesting concept - could they really complain? What if people in one household wanted to use it? You can't expect them all to sign up...

Regards
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

how about webshots??? Im not sure if its what your looking for but thought Id post the address for you anyway:

Webshots

Thread Information