dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need something...

Hybrid View

Need something...

Okay. I'm thinking I can do this with Javascript, and I *really* don't want to have to learn Flash, although I already have it on my computer and ready to learn if I have to. Here's my problem:

What I'm wanting to do is perhaps have a non-moving JPG or GIF, and when the mouse goes over it, I want it to animate to something else with multiple frames, and I may even want to alter the width of the picture. Is this possible with Javascript? Any and all replies would be helpful. Source code is appreciated and preferred since I have very limited knowledge of Javascript. If you'd like to e-mail it, my e-mail is spork_kitty@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

Simple,

the actual code however would depend on your HTML document: need the graphics files and element ids.
    If you can make an animated gif for the mouseover, you would not even need javascript, css can do the job
    Last edited by Vladdy; 12-01-2002 at 10:56 AM.

hmm

So, I can just use the mouseover to animate GIF script, then use CSS to only make the GIF animate once? Hmm, looks like CSS is more useful than I already thought. Thanks a lot. I'll look into that.

Thread Information