www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How would I create a photo gallery?

How would I create a photo gallery?

I'm trying to put a photogallery for my site and would like to make add picture uploads to my admin section. How would I go about storing the pictures in the database? Would I store just the link or the whole image?

Also, how would I be able to display, say, 25 pictures per page? Would I use a dataset or repeater, or what?

You would use both a dataset and a repeater. The repeater displays daya from the set. You use the sql select statement to select 25 records from the db. Personally I would not put the images in the db. I would store the url in the db, and when the pic is uploaded use the system.drawing to create a smaller version of it with the same name and extention but a t in it for thumb.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to use a reapeater with a dataset. Where would you put the repeater in code? Would it be within the dataset; around the bound columns? I'm just probably confused or missing something.

A repeater is not a data gird. There are no bound columns, there are not columns at all really. The data set is not a physical table, its like a big array with several categories. You can use a repeater just like a data grid.
    http://www.asp101.com/articles/john/...er/default.asp

Thread Information