www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: HEEEEEEEEEElp

HEEEEEEEEEElp

I really need to know how to make a hotspot control an iframe - for scrolling purposes- i'm totally stumped!

<map name="Map">
    <area shape="rect" coords="599,42,631,64" href="http://www.ics.ltsn.ac.uk/events">
    </map>
    <map name="Map2">
    <area shape="rect" coords="61,10,94,31" href="#">
    <area shape="rect" coords="60,58,95,79" href="booking.htm">
    <area shape="rect" coords="56,184,115,243" href="java script:;" onmouseover="scroll_iframe('text', 4, 'v'); window.status='Hover here to scroll down.'; return true" onmouseout="stopScroll(); window.status=''; return true">
    </map>
    <map name="Map3">
    <area shape="rect" coords="46,185,106,241" href="java script:;" onmouseover="scroll_iframe('text', -4, 'v'); window.status='Hover here to scroll up.'; return true" onmouseout="stopScroll(); window.status=''; return true">
    <area shape="rect" coords="10,49,139,86" href="http://www.ics.ltsn.ac.uk">
    </map>
    i'm trying to get the javascript to work

Go here for code
    http:/
    /www.idocs.com/tags/images/_IMG_USEMAP.html
    If you don't like this one, do a search for "USEMAP"

I know how to make image maps, my problem is getting the area shape/hotspot to control the scrolling in the iframe

this is the code i have on one of the hotspots that I want to be scrolling up button:

Code:
      <area shape="rect" coords="46,185,106,241" href="javascript:;" onmouseover="scroll_iframe('text', -4, 'v'); window.status='Hover here to scroll up.'; return true" onmouseout="stopScroll(); window.status=''; return true">

Why not just let users scroll for themselves?
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

because the interface looks like an oldschool handheld video game and it's part of the design- at the minute it is using the generic scroll bars but i'd like to change that.

These are from bookmarklets.com.
    They don't work in Frames. Maybe that is why yours don't work in an Iframe. But who knows these might work.
    <a href="
    javascript:var wN2sc8Rl;Sa5gNA9k=new Function('clearTimeout(wN2sc8Rl)');document.onkeydown=Sa5gNA9k;Sa5gNA9k();void(wN2sc8Rl=setInterval( 'if(pageYOffset<document.height-innerHeight){window.scrollBy(0,1)}else{Sa5gNA9k()}',150))"><nobr><font color="#0000ff" size="+1">Scroll Page (very slow)</font></nobr></a>

<a href="
    javascript:var wN2scRl;Sa5gNA9k=new Function('clearTimeout(wN2scRl)');document.onkeydown=Sa5gNA9k;Sa5gNA9k();void(wN2scRl=setInterval('i f(pageYOffset<document.height-innerHeight){window.scrollBy(0,1)}else{Sa5gNA9k()}',50))"><nobr><font color="#0000ff" size="+1">Scroll Page (slow)</font></nobr></a>

<a href="
    javascript:var wN2scRl;Sa5gNA9k=new Function('clearTimeout(wN2scRl)');document.onkeydown=Sa5gNA9k;Sa5gNA9k();void(wN2scRl=setInterval('i f(pageYOffset<document.height-innerHeight){window.scrollBy(0,2)}else{Sa5gNA9k()}',50))"><nobr><font color="#0000ff" size="+1">Scroll Page (fast)</font></nobr></a>

<a href="
    javascript:var wN2scRl;Sa5gNA9k=new Function('clearTimeout(wN2scRl)');document.onkeydown=Sa5gNA9k;Sa5gNA9k();void(wN2scRl=setInterval('i f(pageYOffset<document.height-innerHeight){window.scrollBy(0,10)}else{Sa5gNA9k()}',50))"><nobr><font color="#0000ff" size="+1">Scroll Page (very fast)</font></nobr></a>

Works on Frames? - No

Thread Information