www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: EZinames ex IRegistrations offer domains at $609 each !

Exclamation EZinames ex IRegistrations offer domains at $609 each !

For those considering purchasing a cheap domain name - stay well clear of the fraudsters IRegistrations now called Ezinames [ same company ] and Enom the parent company.

Just insert IRegistrations name into google to see what has gone B4.

Their latest scam under the new name [ introduced Aug 17th ] is to allow you to register and go through the entire process and then very briefly when you confirm the credit card transaction you will see this :-

If you wish to you wish to cancel them you can by simply logging into you account. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active. To continue these services simply do nothing and they will remain active. An amount of $599 will be charged to your credit card annually in advance for these services after the free trial ends should you elect to keep them active. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active, if you cancel them during the 7 day free trial you will not be charged anything for them. We can only offer this setup and trial for new accounts with ezinames not second third and subsequent domains.
    cancel them you can by simply logging into you account. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active. To continue these services simply do nothing and they will remain active. An amount of $599 will be charged to your credit card annually in advance for these services after the free trial ends should you elect to keep them active. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active, if you cancel them during the 7 day free trial you will not be charged anything for them. We can only offer this setup and trial for new accounts with ezinames not second third and subsequent domains.

Note the $599 advance charge added to your $5.95 registration cost !!

Now the new twist is to have you log-in to your management area and not make it at all clear on how you might "decline" the hosting option which of course it set to an activated "YES" state, unless changed by you.

They also try to get you to sign for the transaction , the original transaction and provide a NY fax number. DO NOT SIGN OR FAX anything to them.

They have of course considered that most people will not bother to fax them a signature so the ingenious bit is you cannot log into your management area until you do, therefore you are considered to have accepted the web-hosting as you cannot get into the admin to change the status that they have set as "active" .... fraudulent so and so's

IRegistrations had their credit card facility taken from them by the credit card companies, so now they simply change their name...

See me earlier post :-

If people want a domain they should either go to godaddy.com or get it from their host.

Please stop airing your dirty laundry here, this is a help forum not a "slander-certain-companies" forum.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Yes go to go.daddy.com

Please stop airing your dirty laundry here, this is a help forum not a "slander-certain-companies" forum.
    As i sort of agree with you here lavalamp but some people may want to go with this company and they'll get ripped i just seen his post as sort of advice away from them if you get what i mean.

Just my 2 cents mate

I disagree.
    I had a client that had already started to develop a site and host with godaddy.
    WHAT A HASSLE! I'll never advise anyone to go there.
    There are a TON of good places to go if you just want to register a domain name.
    You could try the original registrar:
    www.networksolutions.com
    Or here's my favorite:
    www.aitdomains.com
    Under $10 a year - can't beat that!

easily.co.uk

Edit: URL fix.
    Last edited by David Harrison; 09-23-2004 at 09:29 PM.
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

Thread Information