www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using my actual name...?

Using my actual name...?

I'm considering dropping my handle 'omega' all together and simply using my actual name, meaning on sites, signatures, and usernames. Opinions, anyone?

good idea. its much more respectable to use your real name instead of your handle, especially when commenting on other people's sites (imo)

Hm... isn't there a mod that has been changing people's names on request as of late...? *Racks brain* What's his handle (so I could request a name change if I decided to...)?

I use the pseudonym "Mr Herer" because:

A) It sounds like a real name. (Which it actually is. It just isn't my real name).

B) I've always used it ever since I was about 15.

C) People that recognise my name are (for the most part) like minded people that are entirely different from the type of people commonly associated with the activities and personality types of the activities commonly tied in with the activities tied to my pseudonym.

and

D) I like it.

I don't really bother use my real name (not the one I am called by, nobody fully pronounces my name) because just about every American and southern English person can't seem to understand it. Well... They understand it. They just can't seem to grasp why it is my name. I tell them "that's just what people call me" and they tend to question why. Obviously it must not be a common abbreviation in the previously mentioned areas. The common abbreviation from those areas is one I can't stand to hear, let alone ne called by.

I'm no longer sure if I want to know what 'Mr. Herer' means... but I see your point. At one time, I liked the name 'omega', but now I realize just how corny and overused it is... (Note: I thought your name was really Mr Herer, lol)

I was thinking of dropping the name lavalamp ( ) in favour of my real name, but then one thing stopped me. All of the posts I'd made in the past would keep the name lavalamp and only the new posts would use the new name.

I like to think that I've said some useful things in the past, but with a name change those posts would no longer be associated with me.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

LOL. I think that that encourages me to change, especially with my resolution to stop making fun of Canadians, and to stop posting so damn much in the Lounge, _and_ with my connection being fixed, . ^^

Also, my first oh-so-many (about 2,000) posts were less than something to take pride in, so I don't think that I'd want them associated with me. Hell, if all goes well, everyone but the people I talk to on YIM will know that omega is/was me...

EDIT: Said something in a way that the meaning could be misinterpreted...

Neczy is my name...sorta. My last name is Neczy___. so I figure i might as well use this ^.^

Compguy Pete changed mine for me.

Originally posted by Sam
    Compguy Pete changed mine for me.
    Ah, Compguy Pete. What was your previous name, anyhow?

NOTE: I'ma PM Compguy Pete right now, and ask he change my name...

samij586

Originally posted by Sam
    samij586
    Ah, that's it. I wasn't sure- I knew there were numbers involved, but...

My personal site is coming ... TONIGHT!
    Coolness. And I remember your name change...I saw all these 'sam' posts but then say yer avatar and knew it was you =D.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    well i had at one point considered changing my name, but i decided against it. don't know why. i just like 'rhsunderground.' teh underground is what brought me here in the first place, so it keeps its place in history.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Originally posted by rhsunderground
    well i had at one point considered changing my name, but i decided against it. don't know why. i just like 'rhsunderground.' teh underground is what brought me here in the first place, so it keeps its place in history.
    So then you have an actual reason not to change. Omega has no relevance to me, other than being what I originally intended to call the now defunct Project Epsilon.

Thread Information