www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: mouseovers on one image with imagemaps

mouseovers on one image with imagemaps

Hi,

I would like to do some mouseovers on just one image(JPEG).
    This image has mappings with links attached.
    Is it possible to put in mouseovers and if yes, could you provide me with the code?
    If you want to see the image, chek out this link:

http://www.geocities.com/djvyrus/test

Thanks!

DJ VYRUS

Uh could you please specify what you mean by "Mouseovers"? Do you mean image flips or what? You can't really expect folks here to give you help if you don't tell us what it is.

What he means by mouseover is that when the user mouse's over the image, it changes. I don't mean this to be rude, but I thought that was the only meaning mouseover had with an image. Hope that clears it up.

On the first post for the thread, I'm not quite sure how you would do it, but I know you can. And, if I may, I would like to offer just a little bit of advice with the website.

I know you are still developing and what it looks like so far could be very promising. However, one little glitch that caught me was the sizing of the site. What I mean is this. Having my resolution at 1024X768 and not having my browser maximized, limited the potential of the website. Just a little something that may need to be looked at. I'm not trying to be rude or critical. I only wanted to let you know what I saw.

Hope everything works out!

JB

Thanks JB,

What exactly is limiting the site?
    If i look at my site (i also got my resolution on 1024/768) i see that the site is working as it should. No double backgrounds and so on.
    Please tell me what it is, so i can have a look at it.
    In the mean time i will try to do it differently, just with multiple images, so cut the image in parts.

DJ

jbarto, no offense taken.

djvyrus, yup using a fake image map for image flips is a very good idea. Oh by the way, I view with a screen resolution of 800 by 600, and I cannot see some bottom parts of the image map.

As mentioned above,

I would be cautious coding a site while in 1024 x 768. I find that the vast majority of people that are surfing the web are still using monitors with a resolution of 800 x 600.

Adjust the resolution on your monitor to view your site at the smaller res and you may be surprised by what it looks like! I do this often for my sites. The native resolution on my mac is 1024 but I switch to 800 to make sure it looks ok there too.

Xeenslayer, James L

Thanks for your reply.

I think I will give a warning on forehand that the resolution will be 1024x768.
    Maybe i will find the time to make the site in 800x600 aswell, so you can choose in the beginning.

In the mean time i have found a way to slice the picture up, using Adobe ImageReady, so it looks much better already.

Currently editing another picture.

DJ

Thread Information