www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car accidents are fun!

Car accidents are fun!

On monday night I totaled my truck. I was not dirving reckless or anything, I was going slow too, but I had to avoid a car and I skidded off the road and hit a tree and there is extencive body damage. I am going to whip up a diagram of how it happened in paint later. I am fine, I hit the tree at maybe 15 miles per hour, but as you know, trees to not move, so the truck absorbed all the impact, and its designed to absorb impact of course. The whole front left is smashed, and I hit hard enough to cause the bed to buckle. I am really bummed out about it. The truck was worth a good 2000usd on trade, now I would be lucky to get 500. It will drive now that I pulled the bumped and front fender off of it. But yuck. The hood will not latch down. I had to tie it down. It would cost more to fix it then it was worth. I am going to have to find a new vehicle... but that will be hard since I may need to quit my job because I can't get to it anymore! No busses are near me so my rents would have to drive me, they work so fat chance. I am in my last year of school and I am riding the big yellow crap mobile. Thrilling.... I am so depressed about this. Ill whip up a diagram of what happened and post it tomorrow.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    i call myself a very safe bad driver
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

what about insurance, and the other car? did it stick around, how about raping their insurance?
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

I did not hit the other car, I avoided it and hit a tree instead. I didn't report it to the insurance company, my rate would go up. The truck is not worth that much so my dad just said, you are not driving for a while, which sucks! The other car left, didnt even slow down, and the accident was my fault so I cant rape their insurance to pay for the truck. But I am going to make a little paint thing to better show how it happened, it really sucks ass.

The tree has car insurance? Why?

I over compensated just a little when I turned back and that allowed my back to slide around again which pointed me at the side of the road. It was nasty how slick the road was.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by Lexifer
    The tree has car insurance? Why?
    It doesnt.... I did not hit the other car so I could not hit that guys insurance up, and even if I did, he would be hitting up my insurance because it was my fault. But I did not report the damage on my truck to my insurance company because the truck was not worth much to begin with and I do not want my premiums to go up. My dad would be really pissed if his insurance went up because of this.

Looks like a painful experience. Any injuries? Unlucky friend, sometimes these things just happen!
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

No, I was going slow, I mean I didnt even lean forward much when I hit the tree. I thought it would all be fine, just a big dent in the bumper and I would need to pount the hood out some, but then I tried to open my door and it was sticking... I shouted some more absenities then. Right when I hit the tree I was pounding on my steering wheel and shouting wordy dirtys.

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    No, I was going slow, I mean I didnt even lean forward much when I hit the tree. I thought it would all be fine, just a big dent in the bumper and I would need to pount the hood out some, but then I tried to open my door and it was sticking... I shouted some more absenities then. Right when I hit the tree I was pounding on my steering wheel and shouting wordy dirtys.
    Uhm, what kind of car do you HAVE, Peo? A rice cooker supreme, or what? o.O

Originally posted by Ben R.
    Uhm, what kind of car do you HAVE, Peo? A rice cooker supreme, or what? o.O
    I have a truck... Reading is fundamental.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    eh, he has a truck. i'm glad i learned how to read

edit: dammit, peo, you beat me to my sarcasm!
    Last edited by rhsunderground; 08-25-2004 at 08:07 PM.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

I have a truck... Reading is fundamental.
    Car, truck, same difference, but if you're going to be picky, what kind of TRUCK do you have?

1987 chevy cheyenne... it was my baby

There is a difference, the fact that it has a light back end because of the open bed was a big factor in my back wheels breaking loose. Light Weight + Slippery Road + Increase in the RPM = slip. No pressure on the wheels, all of those things reduced the pressure of the wheel on the ground.

1987 chevy cheyenne... it was my baby

There is a difference, the fact that it has a light back end because of the open bed was a big factor in my back wheels breaking loose. Light Weight + Slippery Road + Increase in the RPM = slip. No pressure on the wheels, all of those things reduced the pressure of the wheel on the ground.
    Dead, huh? I think there are people whos cars ended up worse than yours... ^^

Thread Information