www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gmail Invite thread.

Official Gmail Invite thread.

Since they keep springing up, I decided to start one thread where people could post invites.
    I'll start by offering 2 for the first two people to reply to this.
    Share on Google+

I already have a Gmail, so don't offer me another (it's not fair if some people have more than 1 and others don't have any ).

However I've done a similar thing at my blog, except I'll probably give it out to the person that sings my praises the most. j/k

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, PLUG.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.
    Share on Google+

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Originally posted by lavalamp
    Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, PLUG.
    that was subtle
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    Since lavalamp doesn't count, I would be honored to be number 2 ... or number 1, seeing rhsunderground offer did not ask. Thank you so much.
    Share on Google+

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Originally posted by steelersfan88
    seeing rhsunderground offer did not ask.
    no, i'll stick with hotmail, yahoo, juno, cjb.net, doane.edu, and hockeymail.com, thanks

edit - typo
    Last edited by rhsunderground; 08-25-2004 at 07:02 PM.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

Dont mean to sound like a dumbass but what is an gmail invite is it an account with google or some other thing.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by sharkey
    Dont mean to sound like a dumbass but what is an gmail invite is it an account with google or some other thing.
    It's an invitation to join Gmail. I can't believe you didn't know that, though
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset
    Share on Google+

Well, since Gmail is still beta, they increase users by giving existing users these things called invites. Existing Gmail users can email them to anyone they want. I think how many invites a user gets is random, though I may be wrong.

Edit: Argh, Dan you beat me to it. Oh well, I made it up by spamming that link of yours.
    Last edited by MstrBob; 08-25-2004 at 07:12 PM.
    Share on Google+

Thanks guys yeah i had an idea it could be that but what is the difference with getting an invite than just regulary signing up like on hotmail.
    Share on Google+

Well, Gmail is different from hotmail. 1000 megabytes of space, it sorts all your replies into coversations (unlike many free email clients), you don't have to delete emails cause of space, you can archive them, and use the google search engine to search through them. There's these things called labels. You can import contacts from yahoo, outlook, and ect, ect, ect...

Yeah, I like it man, its my new email of choice. I've gotten but 1 invitation to give out, though. Oh well, I heard its random.

Also, its only going to be invitational until Gmail goes public. Its fully operational, but in beta phase. When they work out all the kinks, it will be public.
    Share on Google+

GMail is cooler than Hotmail, Sharkey. Bob brings up a lot of good points, but it's just VERY fast, very organized, and it lets me keep my e-mails after reading and replying. Also, the reply form is on the same page as the one which you read the e-mail on, which helps. And to top it off, you can feel special because it's invite only. (No invites to give yet, btw)
    Share on Google+

Ahh got you now man sounds really good compared to crappy hotmail which tells me every week to delete my emails.

Cheers for info
    Share on Google+

invite

I'm looking for an invite.
    I also need ppl to clck this link and do a confirmation test. Id really apreciate either, plus the link is to a game and its actually pretty fun
    http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=t29xq6i7
    Share on Google+

God, him again? Oh, really? This is definately NOT a promo, is it? This is why I told the admins about the location field. It's all about wordwrap() !
    Share on Google+

woops

forgot to put my email, its crispymn@hotmail.com
    Share on Google+

Thread Information