www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Question on using logical operators

Question Question on using logical operators

Hello:
    Everything I've read tells me that this script should work in a form but it doesn't. Does anyone know what I'm getting wrong?

Zip Code (5 Numbers): &nbsp <input name="zip" type="text" value="" onchange="if (this.value.length < 5) || if (isNaN(this.value)) alert('Please enter your zip code.')"><br><br>
    wtschulz

Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

Re: Question on using logical operators

Thank you, that's what I really need is something that explains the process. That's better than a solution because I'll be able to figure it out myself next time.

Thanks again,
    wtschulz

Re: Re: Question on using logical operators

Originally posted by wtschulz
    Thank you, that's what I really need is something that explains the process. That's better than a solution because I'll be able to figure it out myself next time.

Thanks again,
    That is rare and refreshing attitude for these fora, you are welcome
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

Thumbs up

Vladdy:
    With your help, here's what I came up with (and it works!):

<!--Validate that the length of the birth year field is 4 and all numbers-->
    Zip Code (5 Numbers): &nbsp <input name="zip" type="text" value="" onchange="if((this.value.length != 4) || (isNaN(this.value))) alert('Please enter your Birth Year.')">

I'm trying to do as much "in-line" (actually on the text fields using "onchange" and "onblur" as I can and will use actual functions to clean-up what-ever I can't do in line using "onsubmit". Again, thanks so much for your help!
    wtschulz

Help with Logical Operators

Oops, I had two fields mixed together. Here's what I used:

<!--Validate that the length of the Birth Year field is 4 and all numbers-->
    Birth Year: (4 Numbers): &nbsp <input name="Byear" type="text" value="" onchange="if((this.value.length != 4) || (isNaN(this.value))) alert('Please enter your birth year.')">
    wtschulz

Thread Information