dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Webdev as partner in business

Need Webdev as partner in business

Hello, my name is Jonathan. I have started a venture called TranceCritic and it is now at the stage of a major webdesign and implementation.

The purpose of TranceCritic is to review Trance/Techno music from all over the world -- then provide a link to purchase the CD single, album, or vinyl. I currently have 6 volunteers and now am looking for a webdeveloper who would like partnership to take 10% of profits each month with cash incentive when the website is done.

What i'm proposing is big, ambitous, but doable.

I have found a niche that i'm looking to develop, and I would like to take one of you guys with me. I'm letting you know ahead of time that this is going to be demanding, downright hard at times. However, if successful, most of your financial worries will no longer exist.

Anyone interested please email me at dream_titan@hotmail.com

If you are so sure about your venture, why don't you pay me fixed amount for the site development now and keep your later profits to yourself

Thank you for your reply, and that is a good question.

The main reason for this is that I am not that cash 'rich' at the moment, and the cash I do have I would like to purchase stock in order to turn greater profits.

This is more of a long term deal, which if successful, could lead you set.

Any other questions? comments! or suggestions...

LOL, you consider some stock a better investment than your venture.
    Then why would any web developer (who is capable of doing simple math) spend time on your project, when he/she can spend this time doing work that pays right away and then investing this cash, which, as you admitted will give better profit than your venture.

Here is an advice: if you want to attract webdevelopers who are worth something, offer cash up-front. Your offer can only be taken up by some beginner who does not have enough skill to stay busy. The resulting sub-par job would only reduce your chances of getting a payoff...

Don't laugh, you misunderstood me. By stock I meant the products im going to be selling, cds vinyl's etc.

And there is going to be some cash offered upon completion of the website.

"cash incentive when the website is done."

Originally posted by DreamTitan
    Don't laugh, you misunderstood me. By stock I meant the products im going to be selling, cds vinyl's etc.

And there is going to be some cash offered upon completion of the website.

"cash incentive when the website is done."
    The point is, you need to offer cash up-front. That's how business is done in our field (professional web development).

Thank you for the tip. I must admit this is not my field and therefore I may not be in tune to the ways things are done in this industry.

What is the going rate for a webdev?

DreamTitan,

What kind of skill set your website development will require?

Could you explain what is all about?

Saran

There is no going rate for web dev the rate will differ as to what is needed what kind of languages to be used, databases etc but you may get someone who is alot cheaper from the other as the cheaper tend to give sub par work which at the end of the day is not what anyone wants.

Saran, I sure can.

My website is going to consist of reviews of newly released dance music. On each article will be a link to purchase the music in the form of CD or vinyl. I would like to archive the articles being able to search for them by artist, track, album, etc. Sound clips will be involved at a later stage as we grow. Also, a community along the lines of forums. I also would like to have each person have their own login with password -- to track purchases etc. Also want to encorporate a radio stream, or several streams.

Something similar to www.gamespot.com but not quite as extensive.

I tried to use specific sentences that would give hints at major work.

Generally I would like to begin at the basic stages, like article archives etc, then move up and add things as time goes by and things begin to pick up.

Any feedback would be much apprciated, thanks.

Be safe.
    -Jon M

Sharkey,

Thanks for the heads up, what other information can you provide that may be of some use to me. Anything you'd like to give i'd gladly listen.

No problem mate, i reckon your job will be quite a large one that will need server side scripting and a database so the users can register etc and buy online.

So this maybe a quite expensive job.

Hope that helps.

This I know.

Now you see as to why I would need a partner for the venture. Comming up with a few thousand to pay for it upfront would take away any resources from actually purchasing products to sell.

Thank you sharkey. Like said before, anyone interested please email me at dream_titan@hotmail.com

I dont quite know all what is needed or i would of helped you out becuase i have a fair bit of spare time.

Good luck on your venture

Re: This I know.

Originally posted by DreamTitan
    Now you see as to why I would need a partner for the venture. Comming up with a few thousand to pay for it upfront would take away any resources from actually purchasing products to sell.

Thank you sharkey. Like said before, anyone interested please email me at dream_titan@hotmail.com
    My suggestion would be to ask someone like your friend to be your partner.

Asking someone upfront if they'd like to dedicate themselves to something or someone is just asking for them to say, "No thanks."

If someone asked me to devote myself to some business that has a 50/50 chance of succeeding, I would still say, "No."

Thread Information