www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Question: Forms

Question: Forms

I am currently working on a project for one my classes. I am trying to find out what I need in order to create online forms for my website's visitors. An example would be an e-mail contact form. I tried using Bravenet's "Email Forms" features but have found that it was rather inconvenient for it was at times filled with ads/popups. Can anyone please tell me where I would start in order to create these forms on my own? I would really appreciate any help.

You need a server-side language such as PHP or Perl to do this properly. Which do you have available on your host? If you let us know, there are many scripts out there already written.

Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

php and perl are two of the options, cold fusion, asp, asp.net, jsp, and cgi can also do it. But you are most likely to have php and or perl I think if you have anything. If you have nothing consider moving to a new host, because any host that does not support server side scripting is not a good host.

I'd have to check, though I don't think it has such. I'm working on a website for the parish, and they provide the hosting service. It can probably be assumed that they do not provide server-side. Thanks anyway, you guys.

Thread Information