www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't edit profile.

Unhappy Can't edit profile.

I'm logged in and I try to edit my profile and I get the message:

You do not have permission to access this page...

Can anyone tell me what's up?

...something must be amiss, I get the same error.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    no error here. maybe because i'm a mod?
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Lightbulb

For whatever reason it seems that the administrators of this board have made it such that we are not allowed to edit certain things such as 'options,profile,etc...' due to whatever reason. The reason why the mod up there can do so, is because his usergroup is not subject to the permissions set by the administrators on registered users (normal).

Perhaps the administrators have some high and almighty reason for doing this but ..

Originally posted by Hellspire
    For whatever reason it seems that the administrators of this board have made it such that we are not allowed to edit certain things such as 'options,profile,etc...' due to whatever reason. The reason why the mod up there can do so, is because his usergroup is not subject to the permissions set by the administrators on registered users (normal).

Perhaps the administrators have some high and almighty reason for doing this but ..
    I don't believe so, it must be a glitch....the FAQ explicitly states that you can edit your profile
    It is your responsibility to keep the information in your profile up-to-date. You should especially ensure that your email address is kept current. You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he will require a very good reason to do so.

Well, dispite that fact this is the error I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

RyanJ
    Cheers,

Ryan Jones.

...yes, everyone that is not a mod is getting that...

Ok, then this is system wide; probably a glitch in update code or what not. If the admins were taking away the ability to edit profiles or options, they would have first changed the rules. Also, it would not make sense to disallow changing of profile and options, as most of this is contact info. I'm sure they are working on it now.

EXACTLY!

It will be enabled again very soon, with-in the next day or so... Please just bear with me, I had no idea so many of you edited your profile everyday
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    yes, circumstances arose in which the administration needed to lock that feature temporarily. pete will git 'er done.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    As member's can I ask why we were not a) notified of this, or b) not told of why this happened?

Originally posted by steelersfan88
    As member's can I ask why we were not a) notified of this, or b) not told of why this happened?
    I'm sure that they had an excellent reason for doing so. They wouldn't have if they didn't.

lol, i change my sig lots... was just about to complain when i saw this *shrugs*.

Thread Information