dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to yet another new forum!

Welcome to yet another new forum!

Some of you have requested a Java programming forum, so after much discussion, here it 'tis! Enjoy!

Great im away to start learning Java at University so this should be a great help.

Cheers mate

Starting a new job this Monday on an application which is implemented in Java (though not web browser-based), so I'll be stopping by here, possibly with questions, and maybe - just maybe - with answers (eventually).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

One thing though again im questioning the postioning of this forum shouldnt it be along side with php etc

Mayby. The forums are a bit mixed up. Coffee Lounge is in Development. I definetely dont get much development done during my coffee break!

Regards.

... and maybe - just maybe - with answers (eventually).
    Fire away NogDog...we are all set for replies...
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

Originally posted by sharkey
    One thing though again im questioning the postioning of this forum shouldnt it be along side with php etc
    Certainly not...since Java is not a scripting language at all....it definitly does not belong to the other forum titles in the development cat,however that is the only appropriate title for Java to be in...as a matter of fact java should have its own category "Kick a** programming languages category"
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

haha, definetely.

lol i know nothing about the language i was just questioning it i just found it weird that dhtml and javascript were seperated from each other.

The Coffee Lounge is actually set on its own, there's just no dividing line to make it apparent. Agreed that Java ~should~ be in a programming category, but since we don't have such a category, Development is the closest match.

Originally posted by Khalid Ali
    Certainly not...since Java is not a scripting language at all....it definitly does not belong to the other forum titles in the development cat,however that is the only appropriate title for Java to be in...as a matter of fact java should have its own category "Kick a** programming languages category"
    Agreed--There should be Delphi too.

The Coffee Lounge is actually set on its own, there's just no dividing line to make it apparent.
    Ahh, I never noticed that. Thanks.

I guess there wouldn't be too much popularity in a Delphi forum if there was one, eh?

I just asked because I'll be working in Delphi sometime soon in Uni and I may need bigtime help with the programming/concepts.

Java deals a lot with web development, though, and these are the web developer forums. That's why we don't have a C++ forum, is it not?

Originally posted by Jona
    Java deals a lot with web development, though, and these are the web developer forums. That's why we don't have a C++ forum, is it not?
    Yeah. Damn--No delphi forum then.

Hehe.

Thread Information