www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Newbie.. Having issues with size

Unhappy Newbie.. Having issues with size

Hello everyone. This is my first post here so all help will be greatly apprciated. I have only a few months experience with web creation so I'm like the level below amature. Anyway, I'm having trouble trying to get the screen size to look normal on differnet computers. If the screen area is at 1024x768 the site looks fine. Go to http://naometria.rock.com and you will see. The first page is okay on different computers, but the main menu page is where I'm having the problems. Sorry, I'm not to sure of all of the proper terms but if you check it out you will see what is wrong with it.

What other resolutions are you having problems at? I can tell you things will get out of whack on anything smaller because you have your tables defined with a width of 935.

Oh yeah, add a Doctype, don't use tables for layout, and make your object tag valid. Click on the sample page link and then do a view source to see how it's done.

Thanks for the info! I will try it out this evening. Pardon my ignorance (again, forgive me) but how can you tell if the object tag is valid or not.

Originally posted by spufi
    What other resolutions are you having problems at? I can tell you things will get out of whack on anything smaller because you have your tables defined with a width of 935.

Oh yeah, add a Doctype, don't use tables for layout, and make your object tag valid. Click on the sample page link and then do a view source to see how it's done.

Thread Information