dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need development firm for quick website development

Need development firm for quick website development

Gentlemen

We are a medium sized corporation in real state business. We sell nationwide and for this purpose we now need a network of few websites to market our listings and to make our presence felt on the Internet. These websites would not be very large but should be very attractive and may have some dynamic pages, such as online request forms and perhaps some small backend database for our listing to be uploaded and amended dynamically etc. We have seen templates of template-monster but we have following problems with those:
    1. These are templates and as such are sold to thousands of customers unless you pay them hefty amount for exclusive rights.
    2. We have learnt that these are going to be merely templates and after buying those we will still have to pay someone to customize the template.
    3. They have told us that It will not cover things like database or forms which we need since they do not do things based on customsí requirements.
    4. They are not giving us Intellectual rights.

In our estimates these sites shall be in the range $600 to $ 1000 each. Any ideas are open for suggestion. Freelancers are welcomed but those should be experienced with proven past experience which can be verified. You may contact me at frankandrews78@yahoo.com.

Regards
    Frank

You may get a simple static 5-10 pages web site for $1000, but custom, database driven backend for dynamic listings and such will cost you anywhere from $2000 and up (unless you want to employ a high-schooler who is scripting on his spare time)...

BTW, why several sites and not a single one???

Hello!
    I`ve sent you message. Look forward to your reply.
    I can only agree with Vladdy: you can`t get custom high-quality site for 1000$. You should revise a little your estimates

Heh, yeah. Most professionals charge $10grand +++ USD for database driven websites.

Originally posted by BuezaWebDev
    Heh, yeah. Most professionals charge $10grand +++ USD for database driven websites.
    I think it's time for me to move to the states then!

Problem with the UK is there seem to be so many web developers. And quantity isn't the same as quality, but you tell that to people who hire freelancers (many of which go straight for the cheapest option).

Hang on... I'm moaning like an old man ARRGH!

A main site costing $2400 seem to offer info on schools, healthcare, maybe entertainment, etc... I believe these services are offered for a fee to the designers or hosts or what ever. There is usually a monthly hosting/matenace fee of about $40 per month as well.

I would think your sub sights could come in at the $800 range and just link back to main site for the addon services. Still at a $40 a month matenance fee (matenance fee not consulting).

Alittle over my head however I am investigating trying to bring the fees down by a third to a half. I caan't help but think the best way to go would be to hire a freelancer.

I hope you find one soon as I'm astounded by what firms are charging for what basically is a template you could buy yourself and services you could probably find yourself for free to link to.

Originally posted by Sunday
    I hope you find one soon as I'm astounded by what firms are charging for what basically is a template you could buy yourself and services you could probably find yourself for free to link to.
    templates that you can buy yourself are not worth it. The code is terrible. Plus you dont have any of the workings. Also, as a corporation you wouldnt want to be linking to other things outside the site. It is much better for them to have their own on their site. Plus everything is custom done for them. The only way to have it done properly is to have it made by someone that knows what they are doing.

To be a competive realestate sight you almost have to pay a service that provides info on Education, Entertainment, Religeon, etc...

I'm thinking it's not much of a monthly fee and they do interact with your sight to make it look like your providing the info. Easly incorporated into a custom designed sight.

Have a look at these guys to get an idea, be sure to hit the benifits button to see how much they can offer. That's your competition.

The way of buying templates and scripts is suitable only for highly-experienced customers, who can adjust and correct templates/scripts themselves and not to spend a lot of time and nerves on it. For all others the easiest and the most convenient way is to find somebody to develop them custom product. Also it`s easier to order complete solution not to commit somebody to develop and somebody other to adjust -- because only coder himself can fully understand his code and correct or adjust it quick and qualitative
    Last edited by Alex_Yuruts; 09-24-2004 at 09:52 AM.

Thread Information