dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one you'd choose??

Arrow Which one you'd choose??

Hi everybody,,,
    there is a question that came into my mind, I don't know actually I wanted to know whither if i'm selecting the good tool for development. You know each one of us, ( web developer ) needs another tool with a good html capabilities that would help him in working with codes, for me I am an ASP.NET developer but to make the modifications to the html I use MS.Front Page XP for the html codes.

- Classic ASP (I use MS. Front Page XP)
    - ASP.NET (Visual Studio, MS Front Page)
    - Javascript (MS. Front Page)

what about everybody in here??

I use notepad for everything, ocassionaly making use of the w3examples page to test a code or so if I cannot be bothered uploading it...

I also use notepad for everything.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

using notepad for writing asp.net pages?? and what about ASP.NET compilation??

Oh, Mike. They are fools! Stay away from Notepad. Choosing Notepad for ASP.NET development would be an extremely bad decision.

Try to stick with Visual Studio for writing ASP.NET applications. MS have just released Visual Studio Web Developer 2005 -- you can download the BETA version for free. It is a fantastic IDE for writing Web Applications in any supported .NET language.

HTML-Kit is a nice IDE for basic JavaScript and ASP 3.0 development. It has full support for both.

Regards.

I don't do asp.net, which is why notepad is perfect.

Wink

finally i've found somebody that gave up the notepad, and about this tool i think you gave me the push that i wanted to take the decesion of downloading it. and also, i took that you're writing asp.net using this tool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFlyer
    using notepad for writing asp.net pages?? and what about ASP.NET compilation??
    I never mentioned anything about .net, when I said "everything" I meant HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP and PHP.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

I don't write any kind of asp, so I just use Bluefish. It's fine most of the time, but can sometimes slip up on syntax highlighting and can get a bit cludgy when you get around the 1000 lines mark and there's a lot of syntax highlighting going on at the same time.
    Last edited by Mr Herer; 05-18-2005 at 11:06 PM.
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

Quote Originally Posted by David Harrison
    I never mentioned anything about .net, when I said "everything" I meant HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP and PHP.
    It's still foolish. It's like a carpenter using hand tools instead of power tools... If nothing else, get something with the bare minimums - line numbers, auto-indent, etc...

A computer program will never produce web page and program source that is as neat and efficient as that created by a human being. Some programs create100 lines of output for something you can code yourself in 2 lines.

I use CSE Validator. It is effectively notepad with colour coding and validation built in.

Quote Originally Posted by felgall
    A computer program will never produce web page and program source that is as neat and efficient as that created by a human being. Some programs create100 lines of output for something you can code yourself in 2 lines.
    I wasn't implying to let it write the code for you. I was simply saying that using a program designed for programming is the only logical choice.

Notepad++ and Dreamweaver are both good.

I use a program called Dreamweaver MX 2004 for my web sites. I am learning PHP at the moment.

I use Asp.net with dreamweaver. I do not compile.

Thread Information