www.webdeveloper.com
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: (The Complete?) Web Development Guide

but the picture of bush makes him look evil!
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    The picture of Bush just makes it so now I can't id him by his old avatar, and the same for peo.

Any word on Bob ... ?

Originally posted by steelersfan88
    :: nice avatar paul and peo.
    Oh yeah.

Originally posted by davidbrent
    but the picture of bush makes him look evil!
    Why thank you.

Originally posted by steelersfan88
    Any word on Bob ... ?
    I haven't seen him in YIM for a while. Where did he go?!
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

I've seen him a few times. Not lately, though.

*Sighs.* If I knew HTML and CSS better, I'd try to write the thing myself.

Originally posted by Paul Jr
    I haven't seen him in YIM for a while. Where did he go?!
    He hides. He's online quite often, just doesn't go on Y. Jee, I wonder why?

Bob is back. Back again. I haven't stopped work on it. I finished the backend and have been doing some writing. You guys really lost interest? If you have, I'll move it on out. You can take back your design, if you want - it's yours. I'll just put it on my host then. It'll be slower finishing it, I guess, but I'll still get it done.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    i'll still write your bio!
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Well, I haven't lost interest. My reluctance comes from the fact that I know very little about HTML.

Well, that's the point of this, eh? Well, you see I finished a backend, something to allow people to view through the guide, and to stream line article creation. But then, I had some issues at work pop up, and this got pushed down the to-do list. But it hasn't died. For me at least. Alright, just so I know where we're going, if you're still interested, Contact me: MonComradeBob@gmail.com or PM me. Just so I know.

I'm interested. I just don't know what article to do. I never got the go ahead on HTML syntax.

You got the go ahead on HTML Syntax. You just never got the motivation to write it.

I'm interested but have been discouraged. The enthusiasm died. The director is the project leader, so when he is not around the project will often fade out of existance. I'm willing to contribute articles on particular techniques and do any designing or programming necessary, but I have to know what needs to be done, when I can help, and how I can contribute in that specific area. I'm not an expert on writing in a guide-like, outlined format -- it's just not me. I realize it's a large task for the rest of you, but you've been drafted, committed. For each piece you contribute, you will be credited and your work will not go disregarded -- of course, that is assuming your contribution is noteworthy, though I'm sure 99% of of the time you will all contribute distinguished information. I commend each of you who contributes to the guide itself -- it is the most difficult, albeit primary, target of this project.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

I am still very interested but life has been too busy at the moment. I have just started college recently and its busy. I am involved in multiple clubs (secretary for one), work on the weekends, volunteer somewhere else for 4+ hrs on fridays, and have school itself. Oh and friends to spend some time with :P I may also find myself getting involved a little with some research (can only hope so :P) In my spare time i would love to help though :P

Also, i dont know what to write about for an article :P Bob, give me a topic in CSS to discuss and ill write about it. If i dont know how, ill learn That will help me be able to do it quicker and spend a few minutes at a time inbetween everything :P tc

Pawky, when writing an article, you must put much studying and time into it; otherwise the piece will be faulty, incomplete, or difficult to follow. Never assume the reader knows the first thing about what you're talking about. That's not to say you know little or nothing at all of web design -- I trust you know a great deal -- but overconfidence can be just as bad as it can be good. You want to devote your attention and time fully to the piece until you are quite sure that is concise, comprehendable, and objective. Afterwhich, a review from others may prove to be very helpful. The main focus of the project at the moment is not on articles, however, but on the guide itself. Following the outline, a piece needs to be written for each item in the entire list. Once that is completed, we will have the option to move on and write articles concerning different aspects of web design and other related techniques. Let's not get the definition of "writing articles" and "contributing to the guide" confused.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

first off (because i did make it sound otherwise :P) i never rush through things and make sure they are complete, otherwise i could have already worked on some :P I do take my time with all that i do and all that. And, i misused article obviously, i meant section, guide, whatever you want to call it.

Thread Information