dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: (The Complete?) Web Development Guide

I'm still hoping someone will review my article on syntax for submission...

BUMP!

No, this can't die. It's a good idea. Think how much it will help in the future! Instead of explaining things from other learning sites, we do this, we can link to our own source and user-friendly explanation! We won't have to repeat ourselves. Just a link, answer questions, add the information our answers gave them to the article, rinse, and repeat.

I agree. We need to pick up this project again before it fades out of existence. Bob, I have seen you around places lately, what are you up to? The main page of the temporary site seems to be using Wordpress -- would Textile be a better CMS solution for us, or do you know?

I had asked for anyone interested to contact me. But, I had no contact at all. I don't care about backend. I care about writing this. But it seems people have lost interest here. So, I don't know. If you think text pattern or whichever is best, I'll gladly use it (You're design is safe, rest assured). But in terms of writing, everyone just dropped off. So, what do you two think?

Originally posted by MstrBob
    I had asked for anyone interested to contact me. But, I had no contact at all. I don't care about backend. I care about writing this. But it seems people have lost interest here. So, I don't know. If you think text pattern or whichever is best, I'll gladly use it (You're design is safe, rest assured). But in terms of writing, everyone just dropped off. So, what do you two think?
    Be the leader; the director. Tell us what needs to be written; give us a list. I'll devote extra time to actual authoring parts of the guide if necessary. I just want to get this off the ground so that I can contribute some of my own interesting articles in the articles section, and have the ability to use the Guide as a reference on these forums.

Well, remember the guidelines I wrote? There's your list. 2 parts of it already done: tags and syntax. Are both cleared?

I would gladly do so. The reason I hadn't before was because when I called out for those interested in writing to finally get together, I got no response at all. So, I tried my hand at writing. But I'm not very good at editing my own writing. So, shall I ask, one last time, who is interested?

We best simply start with HTML. We have, if we can use it, a section on what it is, and what we use it for. Ben has an article on syntax, no? Now, sections on different areas. Like syntax and implementation of images, lists, tables, forms, and the like. Section explaining the head part of the document.

I must admit, I don't really have any excellent organizational skills, so I'd prefer that I can just be told what I am to do at this point. I have developed a layout, so what am I to do now? Pick a section from the list, write on it, and have it reviewed?

If you wish to write, basically. I'd write more, but I need someone to edit for me. Because I can write until the cows come home, but it'd be pointless if it doesn't make any sense.

So I pose the question, with Ben, myself, and possibly Jona writing, would anybody be interested in editing?

Originally posted by MstrBob
    If you wish to write, basically. I'd write more, but I need someone to edit for me. Because I can write until the cows come home, but it'd be pointless if it doesn't make any sense.

So I pose the question, with Ben, myself, and possibly Jona writing, would anybody be interested in editing?
    I'll be an editor- I'm not going to write so much that it takes up all my time, anyways.

Couldn't the three of us be writers and editors of each others' work?

Yes, that could very much work.

So, then:

http://projep.no-ip.com:81/test/forum/guide/syntax.php

http://www.wdhaven.com/wdguide.html

I'd ask for what you guys think of mine, and in a few minutes, I'll review Ben's.

I have some work to do at the moment, but when I get back later I'll help review.

Bob, I skimmed over your introductory piece. You may wish to go through a lot of information at the W3C for some reliable information on how computers communicate through the phone line by sending encoded data and whatnot. This way the user will not be misinformed or left with many questions. Your facts don't appear to be incorrect, but they are loosely defined. It's always good to extensively study content before presenting it as factual. We all know HTML, but we must, as Charles puts it, "inwardly digest" the documents at the W3C. This will take a lot of time, but I believe that extensive research and studying will result in much more comprehendible and concise results for our guide. Just a thought, take it with a grain of salt.

Thread Information