www.webdeveloper.com
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: (The Complete?) Web Development Guide

The list isnít a list of suggestions. Itís a list of things that we have planned to be put into the guide. Itís the outline. We just need to fill in the content now. Thatís what we need writers for.

Iíve tried my hand at writing, but Iím just not any good at it. Iím not a teacher, I couldnít write a book (even a fictitious one) if my life depended on it.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumť, and consulting rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona
    The list isnít a list of suggestions. Itís a list of things that we have planned to be put into the guide. Itís the outline. We just need to fill in the content now. Thatís what we need writers for.

Iíve tried my hand at writing, but Iím just not any good at it. Iím not a teacher, I couldnít write a book (even a fictitious one) if my life depended on it.
    Oh, but you can write javascript articles, eh?

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    well if you send me a rough copy, or anybody that volunteered to be an editor, i'm sure we'd be willing to clean it up.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

I write more advanced JavaScript articles. I write a script and explain it to my readers. I don’t write basic articles on HTML or other things that are so simple. I just can’t take it down to a level that anyone can comprehend it. I’m a bad writer when it comes to the basics. I’m a fairly decent writer when it comes to more advanced stuff. We’re writing basic articles here — nothing advanced.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumť, and consulting rates.

Don't demean the basics, Jonny boy. A pillar might be an easy build, but you'd be fuxx0red without it. I wouldn't call it simple... it's only that once you're comfortable with the logic of (SG/X)ML (I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to origins), and DOM in general (I'm not referring to accessing it via Javascript).

Quote Originally Posted by Jona
    Lol, yes, I know the listed articles aren't suggestions; I merely meant I couldn't think of anything for any of the articles that are open.

Although, I may have something now -- depends if the articles are still open or not. (^_^)

Take care,
    Snitch.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    beware the place where the Labyrinth, the Snitch & the Cat roam...

I can write for a few of them. If you want. cant do anything on DoubleImage untill jick gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupac
    I can write for a few of them.
    People seem to have been saying this for ages. Why doesnt somebody just set up a domain, everybody write one or more articles in it, and from there establish how it will be structured, and if any are unappropriate (but still useful) we can throw them into a page that is designed for articles that are (get this) unappropriate. You guys are like a bunch of [insert funny simile].

Hey, I'm open and waiting for them. Check the list I posted, it shows all the articles that need writing.

I also encourage people to visit the guide site.

http://www.wdhaven.com/guide/

To help make it easier, if you've any suggestions/criticisms/other editorial stuff to contribute, leave it in the form of a comment of the article in question. I'm doing this so that we have articles open to a wide body of review.

Thats an eyesore, surely that isnt how it is going to look?

No, no. It's the defualt Textpattern theme.

database coding link

Hello
    I found very good your tutorial but please I need the link code for my database to connect with one main page do you help me and write here the link code.
    Thanks
    Shariq

I dare you to make less sense!

Thread Information