www.webdeveloper.com
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: (The Complete?) Web Development Guide

Pedro, I think at the moment we're focusing on beginner's articles, so no scripting/programming will be involved, at least for a while; however, perhaps in the near future, it might be a good idea to add articles/walkthroughs on everything, because the WebDeveloper's Guide is so generic. It allows for us to add lots more than a beginning walkthrough.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

Editors
    -Bob
    -Benny Boy
    -Paul (Grammar Enforcement)
    -Skinner (RHS, NavelMan, whatever)
    Writers
    -Mr. Herer
    -Sharkey
    -Sciguyryan
    -Zach
    -Bob (me again)
    -Paul (perhaps?)
    Development Team
    -Jona (Designer)
    -Paul (PHP/MySQL development)
    -Conor (PHP/MySQl, and our Host)
    -Bob (I'm everywhere)
    Thanks alot, you for got me! , doesnt matter, ill just be an unofficial editor and take a look at the progress as it goes along, offering feedback. prolly wouldnt be able to handle all this anyways, got anough on my plate as it is
    Were Drunk...Really Drunk...
    ----
    Customer: is it really that bad?
    Support Line: Yes
    Customer: Well when I take it back to the store, what do I tell them?
    Support Line: Tell them your to stupid to own a computer.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    well hows about we start cracking, eh? conor, hook us teh up! perhaps set up another FTP account for this particular site so we can work on this but not your site (not that any of us would do that...)
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Sure - I'll start some draft and give me a shout when you need some done into 'neat' .
    /(bb|[^b]{2})/i

=> Pedro's Blog (Blog.Ability) <=
    Yup, it's bust again!

do we want to put a "submit an article" part on the site?
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Originally posted by rhsunderground
    do we want to put a "submit an article" part on the site?
    Yes, but apparently that will be Paul Jr, Conor, and Bob's job. I'm thinking we'll have a main staff to contribute articles/work on the site, and then guests can submit articles for review and editing, and if we deem them useful, they will be added to the database. ALA-style, I'm thinkin'.

Ah, I see we have still more interest in the site. That is good. Let us not worry, everything is being taken care of in due time.

Skinner, in terms of submit article buttons and all that, that is backend. I've already been planning out some of it with Paul, but forget that. That's a little while to come. For now, though, there is nothing to stop people from contributing.

People who want to join, well, we welcome you all on board! In terms of editorship, as I've said before, we don't want a lot of editors, and only the people who know they can really contribute the time to it. Writers, we always welcome. However, as a writer the idea here is like this:

Pick a subsection from our outline that you're comfortable with, and write it! Be true to the topic, don't wander too far, and keep it simple. The more people contributing chapters, the better. Articles and additional guides are good, and I'm thinking that that will come. Later on. I don't want the goal of the guide to get lost. The guide is the main focus of the website, and I wish to hold off all other writings and articles until it is completed. From that point, we can move on an examine other articles/guides. But for now, so that this idea comes true, we wish to stick to the guide.

Jona has been so kind as to design the site, of which I'm ever so greatful. He does some really nice work, and the design is really starting to come together. Conor has been so gracious as to offer a domain name and hosting, and let us not impose upon him anymore than need be. I'm thrilled and amazed by people's enthusiasim; this will happen!

And to clear up any confusion, here's a home of info:

http://www.wdhaven.com/webdevguide/

Ill set up a subdomain until I can buy the domain, just got to do a couple things first.
    PAUL JR. IS A GOTHIC

Thanks for the link, Bob, I'll put the list in my dummy page...

and will we have an little "who we are" section to add onto the list of who we are? like little mini-bios or something?

and will we have an little "who we are" section?
    A.K.A. "about"?

Originally posted by Jona
    A.K.A. "about"?
    and will we have an little "who we are" section to add onto the list of who we are? like little mini-bios or something?
    yeah, i had an edit.

Oooh! I like that idea! An about section with mini-bios of the staff members and all that. Sounds great!

Originally posted by Conor
    Ill set up a subdomain until I can buy the domain, just got to do a couple things first.
    Sounds cool.

guide.urlshrink.net

I need to do some hw, I'll pm Jona the pass and others can ask him I guess
    PAUL JR. IS A GOTHIC

Thread Information