dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: (The Complete?) Web Development Guide

could i volunteer? i could write an entertaining article on design and the importance and how to intergrate art into the design also whipping in with a bit of wicked worn. i like the idea of this and i wouldn't mind being one of the contributors.

Best Wishes,
    David

Originally posted by Mr Herer
    I plan on getting the Zend manual for whilst I'm sat there vegetating for god knows how long. So if we're on toteaching php by the time I get out I should hopefully have transformed into some kind of lean mean php machine by then. I'm ok at it now. But as you might imagine, a lack of blood to the brain can greatly hinder concentration and learning. That's why I ain't been helping in most sections of the forum for a while now. I get half way through someones problem, lose all concentration and forget what the hell it was all about. lol

D'oh!!
    Sounds painful. Have a nice trip ok well just make sure dont forget us dudes and dudettes back here! We're rooting for ya.!.

Originally posted by davidbrent
    could i volunteer? i could write an entertaining article on design and the importance and how to intergrate art into the design also whipping in with a bit of wicked worn. i like the idea of this and i wouldn't mind being one of the contributors.

Best Wishes,
    David
    Sure, if you'd like to volunteer. I've added you to the list. I highly suggest that you go here:
    http://www.wdhaven.com/webdevguide/

Thank you!

I have a little time on my hands so i started an article. If it looks good i might work on it. If it starts to stray, i will ditch it.

I can't think of a title other than "Match Making: Without The Hassle" its about making your page match, typeface, colour, layout, theme et cetera.

Best Wishes,
    David

Originally posted by davidbrent
    Thank you!

I have a little time on my hands so i started an article. If it looks good i might work on it. If it starts to stray, i will ditch it.

I can't think of a title other than "Match Making: Without The Hassle" its about making your page match, typeface, colour, layout, theme et cetera.

Best Wishes,
    David
    I was going to PM you this, but oh well...

Be sure to cover-
    - legiblity
    - colour blindness (yes, I spell colour like a brit. )
    - brights and darks
    - atmosphere of colours
    - the colour wheel
    - name matches (brown, yellow; blue, white; black, red...)
    - teh diff usual fonts
    - usability in layouts (might be better to leave this to another section, actually)

Mmkay?

mmkay indeed. when you say colour like that - you make us proud!

when you say "- name matches (brown, yellow; blue, white; black, red...)"
    how do you mean. as in the css colour names or as in just as a little table style

Colour
    Brown and Yello
    Blue and White

et cetera?

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    Don't forget complementary colors ... they always look good as a foreground, background text combo.

Red --> Green
    Blue --> Orange
    Yellow --> Purple

Just remember that CPU terms use as RGB, not RYB, so instead, you might consider:

Red --> Blue/Green
    Blue --> Orange
    Green --> Purple

(OK, so I think thy look ugly too, but the colors are *supposed* to look good, so give 'em a mention when you talk of the color wheel)

Dr. Script

Red and Green? You gotta be crazy! Red with any other colour is bad enough, with green it's just plain painful! I'm supposed to have perfect vision, but red on most colours seems to give me double or blurred vision. I dread to think what someone with real problems might make of it lol. To me Red + Text = Ctrl + W.

Oh and Ben. You're not spelling colour like a Brit. You're merely spelling it correctly.
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

Oh and Ben. You're not spelling colour like a Brit. You're merely spelling it correctly.
    <offtopic>
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/plaid.php
    1: You have soiled my honour!
    2: You have broken my honor.
    1: You have no honour!
    2: You spell 'honor' like a brit!
    1: HAVE AT YOU!
    </offtopic>

Originally posted by Paul Jr
    Well, there already is a list of who’s doing what. I think everyone should just stick to what that list says.

Jona: You’re not on right now (that I can see), but when you get on, just IM me the MySQL details. I probably won’t be on, but IM me anyways. Spankies!
    well, that wasnt up untill after, but yea, definitely stay w/ that :P

Also, i will do HTML/CSS w/ more on CSS

We should put all the completed and in progress documents up on the site as place holders. Then people can quickly see at a glance which topics they can jump on?
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

We should put all the completed and in progress documents up on the site as place holders. Then people can quickly see at a glance which topics they can jump on?
    the best is for the editors to get what needs to be done in their respective section and then meet w/ the ppl that will be writing articles for that either on msn, YIM, aim, etc... and work w/ what they each want to do. That way the editors know what's going on and the writers all know what's going on. So a little work for the editors first

Could someone put me down on the list? I'll write whatever needs to be done.

Wink

Shouldn't there be a section on error handling?

My site reminded me...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by JavaHead Jonnie
    Shouldn't there be a section on error handling?
    There doesn’t seem to be many “errors” with HTML or CSS. The most complicated thing that’s going in here (AFAIK) is SSI. Where would these errors be coming from?

Thread Information