dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which programming languages do you know?

which programming languages do you know?

Hey all,

just wondering what programming languages do you know?

i have had a introduction to a few programing languages but do not have a indepth knowledge of any of them

I currently know the following ones

Java
    C
    C++
    VB
    ASP
    ASP.NET
    HTML
    Javascript
    VBscript

Well I'm a PHP man myself but I hope to learn some more languages eventually.

currently i just know HTML and CSS. I know both Very well though. Ill be learning php soon and will learn it really well. After that I may learn js, not sure yet :P

Probably forgetting a few that I learned along the way and abandonned but here's a few off the top of my head:

BASIC, Business BASIC
    FORTRAN IV, FORTRAN w/WATFIV
    PL/1
    COBOL, COBOL II....
    Assembler
    Pascal
    C, C++
    Delphi
    VBA, VB
    JAVA
    Javascript

Not really "programming" languages, but HTML, CSS, and XML

As the bear said. I know html and css but they aren't programming languages. I'm average on php. I'll be learning a lot more after the new year though. Having a look at XML (which isn't programming), Java and C++. Would have learn't 'em a while ago but just haven't been able to for the last 6 months.
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

Eeeh, I'm not that much of a brainiack. I know HTML, XHTML, and XML, which accounts for my Markup Language knowledge. CSS, which I guess would be considered "styling". Hmm, I know Javascript, though I don't often use it that much. PHP, and I'm working my way through C++. Once I get the whole OOP thing down, I think I'll be a better programmer overall and other languages will be easier. I hope.

Uhhh… for actual programming langauges? Is PHP considered a programming language? I know PHP, I’m pretty okay with JS, and, as soon as I get off my butt, I shall be attempting to add C++ to my collection.

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    JS is a low-level programming language, as are most web programming langauges.

Any language that by itself that can perform the 4 basic calculator functions can be considered a programming language. Scripting languages are low-level prog. languages.

I am a big VB fan, and a big Pascal fan. Both nice and easy, and for lack of a better term, BASIC.

What many seem to forget is that low level does not just regard as more code, less english. Low-level is a double meaning term. Low level also refers to power of a language, in which it is application languages which are high level.

Languages of low level in its other rerence included COBOL.
    Last edited by steelersfan88; 10-13-2004 at 09:02 PM.

Originally posted by steelersfan88
    Any language that by itself that can perform the 4 basic calculator functions can be considered a programming language.
    Since when did that (the 4 basic calculator functions) become the standard for defining a programming langauge?

Originally posted by pyro
    Since when did that (the 4 basic calculator functions) become the standard for defining a programming langauge?
    Last Tuesday I think.

Forgot about Javascript too. If I do use it I tend to just throw it in without thinking about it too much. I avoid using it as much as possible.
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

Since he said so. And ended when you said "not so"

I know:
    PHP
    ASP
    Javascript&DHTML
    XHTML
    CSS
    XML&XSL
    VBScript

And some more.

I never, ver claim it did. The fact I said can be considered hints/implies that it is a very simple and basic test. It indeed is not the requirement, but it is an easier way of determining it right off the bat.

The goal of course of it is to prove that HTML is not a prog. lang, which is a belief many believe in.

I don't like to, but I would like that if you must question me on what I say, which I find perfectly acceptable, 'twould be nice if you undersood the quote in which you are questioning

Originally posted by zachzach
    PHP
    ASP
    Javascript&DHTML
    XHTML
    CSS
    XML&XSL
    VBScript
    Recall that all your Xs are not programming langauges at all, and neither is CSS. These markup/presentational/blah so-called languages do not have the power of programming langauges.

... To tell you the truth, neither do all low-level porg. languages, such as the rest you named, preferably JS and DHTML, in which variables are not handled correctly as defined by programming conventions.

Re: which programming languages do you know?

Originally posted by ashish
    Hey all,

just wondering what programming languages do you know?

i have had a introduction to a few programing languages but do not have a indepth knowledge of any of them

I currently know the following ones

Java
    C
    C++
    VB
    ASP
    ASP.NET

HTML
    Javascript
    VBscript
    asp and asp.net are not programming languages. They are technologies. They can be done with many languages.

I know
    vb
    vb.net
    java
    some c#

Originally posted by steelersfan88
    JS is a low-level programming language, as are most web programming langauges.
    What the in world are you talking about? JavaScript is a high-level programming language. A low-level programming language is one that works very close or at the machine level (e.g., assembly or machine languages).

Thread Information