www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Image Swap in iframes

Image Swap in iframes

I've noticed other post regarding this, but unfortunately nothing has helped. I think the reason why is I am working within an iframe, which is in another iframe. I think my problem is the DOM.

I have my page basically set up, but I am having a problem getting my image swap working. Unfortunately I am not too familar with Javascript.

I have a table with an iframe and inside that iframe i have a page that has a table with another iframe. Now inside that iframe i have pictures. I want to create a link that swaps 2 images underneath the iframe (in the table).

Here is the link to the page: Web Page
    When you click on this link, click on the White Era link on the right side (the other links are not set up yet).

The 2 images that I am trying to swap are tiny white boxes. I didnt want them to be seen, but wanted an image to swap to.

I know how to swap 2 images with one link, so if you can just give me the right set up to get the swap done, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

It looks like your problem is to reach an object from a parent to an iframe included in another iframe.

use this reference:

top.frames['iframe_1_name'].frames['iframe_2_name'].document.object

Here's an example attachment:
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you very much. odd enough i dont think i was having a problem with my DOM. i took your set up and was practicing with it and it was working perfectly. but when i would apply it to my page, it didnt work. i kept playing around and playing around, but the only one working was the one i was practicing with. i was about ready to pull my hair out. i had the same code in my page as my practice page. after a couple of hours of going out of my mind, i changed the html link from 1.html (my practice page) to the full link (http//:www.fht.741.com/1.html), and it didnt work anymore. so i made new pages in the top directory and instead of placing the full name, i just put the page name. now everything is working. so once again, i thank you. but why is this happening? it seems like this should not be happening. i mean its not a big deal, i just wont have that page and its contents seperated like my other pages. any clue on why that happened?

should work... except that you might have installed the new SP2 on your XP/IE browser which might u give some iframe related problems....

i see. oh well, its all working now. now i can finish it up. thanks again.

Thread Information