www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: what do you think, a little help nedded here

what do you think, a little help nedded here

hi all,

hopefully this is the right place to post this...

i am planning to sell of my old system and thinking of buying a new one...

so far i have found out that dell is the cheapest.....

this is what i am planning to buy....

8400 Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 530 with HT Technology 3.0GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB)
    Intel® 925X Chipset
    Integrated Gigabit Ethernet
    1Yr Limited Warranty with Next Business Day Onsite Service
    1GB(2x512) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 533Mhz SDRAM Memory
    128MB PCIe™ x16 ATI Radeon™ X300 SE w/TV-Out & DVI (i think they mean the 9800XT series, is it any better then the 9600SE one??)
    Dell™ Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse
    17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
    160GB SATA (7200RPM) Hard Drive
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (English)
    DVD+RW/+R With CDRW Combo Drive
    Sound Blaster® AudigyTM 2 Sound Card
    Dell™ A425 stereo speakers with subwoofer (Australia)
    56K PCI Data/Fax Modem
    + some other software and dial up connection package and standard warranties.....

they are ready to throw in the 5.1 surround, floppy drive and a extra optical drive for a discounted price as well...

now here is what i am asking your opinions on:

what do you guys think.. is this alright??? do i need to add anything else in there? i am already way past my budget and can spare another 50-100 dollars...

are dell systems any good... ?i do not wish to spend lots of money and then find out that i might have been ripped off . really really confused about this....

has anyone had any experience with them? particularly dell australia??
    Cheers,
    Ashish

M6.Net

Dell UK laptops are tidy, though rather pricey. If you shop around you can usually find them cheaper elsewhere. I think Buntine is from Australia, so maybe he will have some reccomendations.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

i would scrap the cordless keyboard and mouse it really is not worth the money. just get an IR mouse (fairly cheap for a good'un) and a standard keyboard. that should save you a bit of money!
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

hi everyone,

thanks for all your replies.... alright.. i will scrap the wireless keyboard.... i was a bit unsure about that one anyway

BTW just wanted to make a small update... instead of going for the X300 series.. i am opting for the X800 one (i think that is the 9800 series)... dell is giving me a pretty good deal on it... and i am also opting for the ultra sharp 17"in instead of the normal one.
    Cheers,
    Ashish

M6.Net

Thread Information