www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: edit user profile

edit user profile

Hello coders, Looking for help with my edit profile page. When a logged in user edits his profile, all the textboxes display the contents of each field. My problem is with the check boxes. I would like to display a check in the checkbox so the user does not have to recheck the box each time there is an update.

Here's the code for my textbox.
    <input type="text" name="textfield3" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("email").Value)%>"> this works just fine.

Now here's the code for the checkbox

<input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield8" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("other").Value)%>">Other

Thank you all in advance.

what do you store to <%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("other").Value)%> ?
    Chris.Martz.me
    Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

I'm using an access database. I have four checkboxes that have different values. When the user updates their info it stores the value of the checkbox in the database. On the users profile page I want the user to be able to select 1 or more checkboxes. each time the user returns to the profile page I would like the checkboxes to have the check mark in them. I'm new to ASP and a little lost on this one. I hope there is an easy fix. Here is my code for the checkboxes

<input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield5" value="online">Online Editor<br>
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield6" value="offline">Offline Editor<br>
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield7" value="assistant">Assistant Editor<br>
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield8" value="other">Other<br>

Thank you for your and time
    Sanman

if you just want all the checkboxes to be checked put
    Code:
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield5" value="online" checked>Online Editor<br>
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield6" value="offline" checked>Offline Editor<br>
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield7" value="assistant" checked>Assistant Editor<br>
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield8" value="other" checked>Other<br>
    Last edited by sirhcchris3; 10-16-2004 at 12:47 PM.
    Chris.Martz.me
    Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

Thanks again for your help,
    When a new member signs up he/she checks one or more categories from the four checkboxs. How do I display the checkboxes that the member check, in the update page with the check mark in them,
    I do not want the member to recheck the box each time there is an update.

Here's the code for two of my textboxes. This displays the First Name in the Firstname textbox and Email Address in the Email textbox of the user on the update page

<input type="text" name="textfield2" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("firstname").Value)%>">

<input type="text" name="textfield3" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("email").Value)%>"> this works just fine.

Now here's the code for the checkboxes

<input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield5" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("other").Value)%>">Other
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield6" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("assistant").Value)%>">Assistant
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield7" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("editor").Value)%>">Editor
    <input TYPE="checkbox" NAME="textfield8" value="<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("online").Value)%>">On-Line
    How do I get the checkbox to show with the check mark in it,

Thank you
    sanman

Thread Information