dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Image Effect

Question Image Effect

Does anyone know how to create an image that has another image rotating around it. For example, a triangle sitting stationary while a globe circles behind (& in front) of it?

Well, I guess you could accomplish this several ways. Either use a SWF creatively imitating a 3D look, or use a 3d animation/modeling application. It kinda depends on how 3 dimensional you need it to look. Do you know how to creat SWF files?

I would like to know how to create SWF files. I would also like to know how to create Interactive Files like Flash...

If you are in an explaining mood

SWF and FLASH are the same thing. Flash is the application from Macromedia that develops and outputs to the .swf format that is for the internet. It is a 2d application but you can create 3d looking animation with 2d tools. There are also other applications out there that can output to .swf format as well. I like to use Adobe's Live Motion. It's my personal choice for creating .swf files. It helps to also know some action scripting (a form of javascript) to accomplish any degree of interactivity, but LiveMotion can help with that. I have only used Macromedia Flash on a limited basis. You can download trial versions of both Adobe Live Motion and Macromedia's Flash at their respective web sites.

Wow ok Thank you.... Sounds like a challenge....

I was hoping to get this done with a script, but it seems that it might be easier done with Flash. Thanks for headin' me in the right direction Pixelchik.

jpb97-

I think you could do it with script, by playing around with the z-index, to "fake" 3d...

Check out this site and 3D app

Thread Information