dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need a little guidance...

Need a little guidance...

I would like to have a random list of words and phrases that, when clicked, will appear in a text box... sort of a "story composer" where I would click on the words and phrases from a list and when I clicked the word, it'd go to a text box. That way I could write a story with the given words and not even have to use the keyboard... I'd then copy and paste the completed story into a document.

I've searched up and down for a java applet that would do this... but can't seem to find anything. Is there such a thing?

Thanks!

You could use just javascript to do it. no need for Java. Although you do realise that simply typing our your story would be far quicker than searching up and down a huge list of words one by one, right?

It'd a be about as practical as carrying a 400lb bag of sand across a desert.
    I'm thuper, thanks for asking.

It lives! http://www.stephenphilbin.com/ (Well it kinda' does anyway).
    My portable colour selection tool

The LONG story...

OK, I thought that my original post would be a short and simple way of explaining what I wanted to do... now, here's the long story.

I'm a meteorologist for a television station and have to type up forecasts for several different cities in a very short amount of time. Instead of typing...

"Today... Partly cloudy with a chance of showers... blah blah..."for seven days.

I thought it be a good time saver to have a bunch of different clickable options. Sky condition options, wind speed and direction options, precipitaiton options... so that instead of typing everything out over and over, I could just click through and have it written.

I don't know if this makes sense or not.

Thanks for your reply!

I agree with Mr Herer. Just do it with Javascript on a single HTML page. Seems like just using the NWS info for each of those cities directly might be a better way to go to me.

That would be too easy...

We do strictly all of our own forecasting... the NWS solution would be simple and quick, but unfortunately, I have to write and do all of my own forecasting.

Thanks for your help!

Thread Information