dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PAGE Expire

PAGE Expire

Does anyone know how to write a code such that when you log on to PAGE B FROM PAGE A, you click the back button on PAGE B to return to page A it will not link back to page A from, it will link another page.

Thank you.

If I understand correctly, your trying to change the way in which the browser operates. You cant actually alter the back buttons action.

However, you can emulate the same action. If the user returns the the page via the back button, you will be able to see that they have already logged in and redirect them to another page from the server.

Regards.

Hi butin,
    Thank for the response

That is exactly what i want to do. However i do not know how to code in such away when the backbutton on the browser(not the webpage) is click it will redirect to the next page.

What is the code for button button on the backbutton is clicked?
    Thank alot

I have seen certain website that able to make such feature that when the back button is click it will redirect the user to another page instead the previous one. How did they do it?
    Last edited by Bruce Lim; 10-20-2004 at 03:02 AM.

What is the code for button button on the backbutton is clicked?
    I assume you meant for the code to detect if the backbutton is clicked? Well, answer is there isnt one.(None that I know of that is)

To my knowledge, it cant be done. The data your previous page requires has been collected and disposed.

This is a common condition that your users should be tolerant of. I would not worry about it too much.

Regards.

Thread Information