www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need Help on catalog & shopping cart

Need Help on catalog & shopping cart

Greetings People. I am new to this forum. I am currently having difficulties in creating a catalogue n shopping cart using asp.net(using vb script n oledb connection). Is there anyone out there who have done this before and is willing to help me with this? Your help will be very much appreciated. Are there any links, examples which you could send me so that i can solve the problem. Kindly help. Thank you.

asp.net using vbscript eh? Asp.net cannot be done with vbscript because vbscript is not an oop language. You are most likely using vb.net which is oop.

This may be of some use
    http://www.sitepoint.com/article/net...art-datatables

Please note that just because you have a cart does not mean you have a checkout system / payment gateway. If you want to take credit card numbers for payment you have to have a payment gateway, a way to get that number to the bank automatically. Also your communication with the client needs to be secure (using ssl (encryption) / https protocal). This will prevent a hacker from getting a creidt card number, using it, and you getting sued.

i need to do my catalog before doing the shopping cart right? where do i get example for that.. and btw i'm doing this for my project not for the company.. i really need help in this cause i'm really new to asp.net.. thank you

i need help

greetings to all..i'm new to asp.net and i need to create a product catalog and the shopping basket for my project.. i don't know where to start.. i need help urgently.. i'm using vb and oledb.. i'm not using sql server..ur help will be much appreciated.. thnx

The catalog and shopping cart sort of go hand and hand together. There are a lot of premade scripts and tutorials though. www.asp.net has a lot of resources. A shopping cart is not terribly advanced, but it is a tid bit complicated and is a hefty bit of code.

Basically here is how it works:

You output a list of products, it can be sorted, it can select products with a certain value in one feild, whatever. You output witht he products which would idealy be in a repeater a link with a query string to it with the product id. When the user clicks the link he is taken to another page, the query string is requested by the other page. Then the value that was requested is added to the users cookie, if the cookie does not exist it is created and the value is dropped in. Then on the shopping cart page the cookie is requested and that item is selected from the data base. If no cookie exists then when you request the cookie data nothing will show up, so you basically do an if statement to see if anything is there, if nothing is there you output no items selected.

ps: I merged your threads.

Thread Information