www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: HOw do I make an automatic update?

HOw do I make an automatic update?

Hello all...I am undertaking the design of a website for a mortgage company.

On this site, among other things, they want to have current interest rates. How can I make a table be populated with this information automatically? Is there a way to pull this information down from somewhere? Or is there a way that I can make an admin page that the user has to go onto everyday and enter info into a form and then submit it, then the submitted info will be sent to a table on a page?

I am clueless and need to figure this out.

THey want the rates from http://www.wamuhomeloans.com/rates/index.ognc, but they want to add one percentage point to this rate.

Any help would be appreciated immensely!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Use a server script that runs daily to read the page you referred to, extract information of interest, modify it as needed and then plug it in your web page.
    Particular implementation would depend on the server you are using and site browser/accessibility requirements.

THanks Vladdy!

Only one problem....I am completely new to scripting. Do you have any idea where I could get an example or tutorial of something like this in action?

Once agian it depends on what server your site is on and what scripting languages are available.
    Also, given the task at hand, I would suggest hiring someone to do this bit for you. It may be too much for someone who never did scripting before (especially with no programming experience as well).

Thanks Vladdy....I appreciate the help! I will try to find someone that knows scripting and programming to do this for me. I know I would pull my hair out trying to figure that one out!

If your site runs on Windows Server and has XMLHTTP component available, I can quote you this job. E-mail me if interested.
    Oh, BTW, I also suggest you contact the owners of the site that contains the data you are going to access and use and request their permission to do so. Otherwise you may get into a legal trouble over it.
    Last edited by Vladdy; 02-22-2003 at 12:15 PM.

Thread Information