dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: using asp.net with a cold fusion site

Thumbs up using asp.net with a cold fusion site

Hi all,

I'm about to start updating a site which is written entirely in cold fusion. I don't like cold fusion, and I want to use asp.net. Therefore, I'd like to slowly convert the entire site from cold fusion to asp.net. If I start with the homepage and I make it asp.net, will it still work with the rest of the site whose pages will temporarily remain cold fusion?

If i'm not being clear, just tell me.

Thanks!

how are you moving data between the pages?

I don't know how they're moving data from page to page, as I haven't yet gotten access to the files (not until next week). How will that affect whether I can use .aspx and .cfm pages together in one site?

Well if they use a query string you will be able to do it. However if the cold fusion pages use a cookie or a session you might not be able to. I do not know if a cold fusion session will work with an asp.net session, or if asp.net can pick up a cold fusion cookie. The two technologies run differently and are in separate applications. I do not know enough about cold fusion to know how well they integrate, but you would definately be able to do it if they use query strings.

Thread Information