www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: all links pointing to my site have a higher ranking :s

Question all links pointing to my site have a higher ranking :s

hi there! :-)

I thought building links to your site should improve your own page ranking, but how come those links have all the highest rankings??

my site= http://www.bobbysmiles.com

Try to google for bobby smiles ... --> the first results are all links pointing to my site via an url I used in the forum-signature.

How can I get a higher ranking please??

http://www.bobbysmiles.com has PageRank 0/10.

when did you start to collect backlinks to your site?

All you need is a full professional SEO optimisation and patience, of course...

btw. you have a nice looking website!

Hi Alex!

I didn't contact any webmasters to exchange links or something like that, I just posted links to music demo's on my website on various music-forums (fora ). Also when posting a message over there, I have a link to my site in my signature. I thought this was the good way to create backlinks? Or did I miss something here

Hi Alex!

I didn't contact any webmasters to exchange links or something like that, I just posted links to music demo's on my website on various music-forums (fora ). Also when posting a message over there, I have a link to my site in my signature. I thought this was the good way to create backlinks? Or did I miss something here

Hi, I come accross the same issue with my SERP's.

I all has to do with Googles algorithem determining your SERP's.

The site that is linking to you just has more value in regards of PR/SEO.

In a way it is good to have a higher ranking site linking to which passes on PR to you.

Continue building backlinks and eventually you should be able to rank higher in the search term.

HEY, this is free advertising.

ic, well, I know that a site has got to get mature and that this takes time. But I submitted to google in August, so when can I expect to get this 'maturity results'?

Submitting your links to any of these SE's is really secondary, especially for Google.

The good thing to do for any new website or existing is by submitting to DMOZ. It will take them about 6months - 1year, but it really gives you a boost since this considered Googles main partner. Google's local SE is based on the search results of DMOZ.

The real submission results are established by setting up backlinks from other sites.

See it this way... robots search through sites for new content and follows outgoing links on popular websites. It it gets directed towards your site then your most likely will get indexed.

By just submitting your site to SE's .. it will take a while, especially in Google, if you show up at all.

I have heard that Googles submission tool is more of a joke.

Submission works better for SE's like Yahoo, MSN, Altavista where the SERPs, where META tags and Density of your keywords has more value.

I have a good guide for new web business owners and you view it Freelancing tips
    Last edited by Intensity; 10-26-2004 at 01:10 PM.

thanks for the link! I don't have time to read it all now but I certainly will during this week!

Talking a few questions

ok hi i am the new webmaster of HouseOfStyle.com You might remember the mtv show with cidy. We bought the domain from them.

when bringing up site relivence you have to 1. add a link on your site, does that link need to be on both your site and the site then links back to your site. and 2. Does that link need to be on your front page or can the link be on a links page? Please respond back i am dieing to no today to start adding links.
    Patrick Elliott
    WebMaster/Information Security
    www.houseofstyle.com

Welcome to the forum!

To your first question. The link exchange that you provide to your link partner could be whatever you want. It should describe your services.

To your second question. If you are building a link campaign than I recommend setting a links page or resource page and categorizing these.
    Sometimes you could possible add it to your front page if someones offers you a great link exchange.

To be honest with you, you can submit links manual which will be a daunting task or you can get a Link submission program which will ease the pain.

You can check out the linking software that I use here.

thank you. i am digging the forum and its helping me out alot. thanks for the feed back!
    Patrick Elliott
    WebMaster/Information Security
    www.houseofstyle.com

Thread Information