www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Popup adjustment to different solution + centering the popup on screen PLEASE HELP!

Popup adjustment to different solution + centering the popup on screen PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I really don't know very much about Java script until now, as I just use paragraphs of code 'copy&pasting' them to my site. My problem is the following.

On my startpage I have an 'if' loop implemented, that opens a popup window in a certain size, according to the screen resolution the computer uses.

However what I want is, that the window is opened centered as well. How do I amend the code so that it works. At the moment the code looks like this:

function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
    if (screen.width > 1000)
    window.open("folio.htm", "_blank", "left=5,top=5,width=1003,height=639,toolbar=0,menubar=0,location=0,status=0,resizable=0,scrollbars=0 ");
    else if (screen.width < 1020)
    window.open("folio2.htm", "_blank", "width=780,height=500,toolbar=0,menubar=0,location=0,status=0,resizable=0,scrollbars=0");
    }
    //-->

function winOpen(url, breite, hoehe) { // Errechnet Koordinaten, um das Popup zentriert zu platzieren
    links = (screen.width/2)-(breite/2);
    oben = (screen.height/2)-(hoehe/2);
    window.open(url,"popup","height="+hoehe+",width="+breite+",status = no,toolbar = no,menubar = no,location = no,resizable = no,titlebar = no,scrollbars = no,fullscreen = no,top ="+oben+",left ="+links);
    }
    //-->

Please help me. I'm so lost...
    Matt

Java is not javascript. Post this in the javascript forum. [or a mod move this to the js forum]

FYI: use the moveTo(width,height) method of the window object will solve your problem.

Sorry 'bout that. It's in the java script section now...

Matt

Thread Information