www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Weird table stuff using IE 5/MAC

Weird table stuff using IE 5/MAC

I have created a relatively simple table layout in html and can be seen in the attached file "test.html".
    When viewed on IE5/MAC, the heading text extends past the table margin! Viewed in NN7/MAC, IE5/PC and NN7/PC it all works well...
    i cant seem to locate why this is happening.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

I think your lucky it's working at all!

You have 2 html start tags instead of one.
    You have four links to the same stylesheet in all in the wrong places.
    You have your meta tags in the body section and you have two </body> tags, one of which is in the middle of your table.

I don't think its got anything to do with yout original problem but try sorting these out first.

Paul

Thanks for your reply. I cleaned up the code, and it made it simpler to fix the original problem. There are some concerns i have though and i was hoping that perhaps you could shine some light on them for me.
    I am constructing the site in PHP, and the html code that was in the txt file which i attached was just the source code copied from the browser. My PHP code is quite structured, so i am not too sure why the html code sent to the browser would be in such a mess, such as 4 link commands all over the place, </HTML> in the middle of tables, and the other stuff you pointed out. Do you know why it would have compiled like that?
    Thanks

Do you know why it would have compiled like that?

No sorry I don't, but if you post your code I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

Paul

Thread Information