www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web Analytics software?

Web Analytics software?

What's the next level of software beyond a HTML editor, some graphics software and an FTP program for a web developer. What software do you recommend for complete site optimization, seo, link checking, etc.?

site optimization can be done by yourself and also using a validator (http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ & http://validator.w3.org/).

SEO, just read up a lot on it and then you do it yourself, no program to do it. If you dont want to do it then you can pay someone to do it for you (make sure they know what they are doing).

Link checking - not sure where a site to do this is, but one way to help prevent dead links is to use relative linking instead of direct.

basically all you need is a text editor to do you code in, a graphic editor to do your graphics, and FTP to upload. hope this helps

What about something like WebTrends?

Originally posted by subnet_rx
    What about something like WebTrends?
    what do you mean?

oh, for who to do the SEO and all that stuff? I am not sure how good they are or whatever, I myself havent looking into that yet because i havent needed to. Others on the board may be able to help you there

WebTrends will run about $90,000 per year, according to a recent article in Network Computing magazine. There are a number of analytics services that will give you some very basic stats that will provide some feedback for web site optimization.

At the risk of getting to commercial here you might want to check out my own service.

Regards,

Will

yeah, I'm looking more for something that will analyze an offline site, like an extension of what Dreamweaver accomplishes already. It's validator isn't that great, and there is no density analyzer, etc. Basically, a total package without having to go to several sites to get many different small things.

You might want to check out Ecommstats www.ecommstats.com , they have some pretty sweet features and are really cheap.

i agree with pawky. as far as seo software, you do not need any of it. you need to learn the seo field to know what is important. you do not need a search engine submission tool. you are better off submitting by hand. web hits can be tracked by your web server. you need to configure the web server to perform this action. the only tools you may need in seo is a link popularty tool, keyword density tool and maybe a search engine rankings tool (i prefer to do this by hand and create reports of the results). all of these tools can be found on the web for free use.

partly

I agree with you partly, but sometimes things are different.

Thread Information