I am trying to make a script for my web site.

I have had some experience with doing scripts, but I donít know where to start for what I need.

I have a web site; let us say it is X.

I am trying to set up a link on a page on one site (A) that transfers them to another page on a different site (B). Thatís pretty basic.

Iím trying to track the number of people that go from A to B, so what I actually do is have the link go to a page on X that loads a counter, and then that page automatically redirects them to site B. So itís A to X to B. This too is pretty basic. I donít need any help here.

What I need help on is this. I am trying to write one page on site x.com/index.html[variable data]. When the page on site X that will handle a special link. I want the link on page A to be like x.com/index.html[variable data]. When the page on site X loads, it can read the variable data passed on from the link, and send them to a special link to site B, say b.com/old/[variable data]/index.html

Basically, I am trying to set up one page on site x.com/index.html[variable data]. When the page on site X that can handle lots of different variables from site A and send them to the right page on site B. Right now I have to set up a unique page on site x.com/index.html[variable data]. When the page on site X to handle each unique link.

I donít know how to do anything in MySQL or ASP, and I donít know if I even have access to those things on my server. I am somewhat comfortable in PHP and Javascript. But I donít know if any of these languages will do what I need to be done.

Thank you very much for any help.