www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Map implementation using VB

Map implementation using VB

Hi there...

I have a south american map and I would like to implement the map in such a way using Visual Basic that when user drag the mouse on the top of Bragil, it will be highlighted and and a the population of that country will be visible.

Do you have any clue how to approch this problem?

I would say the best way would be to crop the images so they are squares. The insert them into the image box element on the form, each one in a separate box. Then use the image box's on mouse move to set an element you are using as a caption as visible = true. Use the on mouse move a country's surrounding to turn that caption back to visible = false when the mouse leaves it.

I am assuming we are talking about vb6.

Thank you for your information. Could you please give me an example. Code might be very helpful. Thank you.

I just phseudo coded it out for you in a nut shell. You are just playing with those attributes. All you do is right click the the thing and use a sub_onmousemove or whatever for that element and then use the visible attribute in the code. Then for the label element you have it set to false by default, you can do that in the properties menu thing. I can't show you code without making a whole form for you and junk like that. Which I cant do because I do not even have visual studio installed.

Thread Information