www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Image placement

Unhappy Image placement

So, call me an idiot. I've been building web pages since 95... not professionally, mind you, but I ran into something that's got me chasing my tail.
    I've never before tried to do a page with a graphic at the bottom left corner, and now I need to. I'm doing the design for a friend. I've done plenty of design work...
    Anyway, I can't get it to go to the edges. It leaves a tiny (or medium, depending on what I try) margin at bottom and left.
    The page is at http://www.odditorium.org/phobotest.htm . Please don't hack me. You can look at the source and see how I have it now. I used Dreamweaver to try tofix the problem with "layout tables" or whatever they call them... no lluck. The 'image' in question is now a Flash object, but it did the same thing with a simple .jpg .
    So, could someone PLEEEASE give me at least a hint as to how I can drop that stupid object to the absolute bottom of the page? Thanks in advance for your help.
    >|<

Wink Possibe sOLUTION

I'm not sure where the margin is coming from but try this and see what happens. Load the page into dreamweaver and then go choose modify, then page properties.
    In the dialog that appears set left margin and top margin to 0.
    As long as the page is contained within a layout table the margins should disappear.

Hope this helps

depending on how you are planning on setting up the rest of the page, you could make your page set in another page that is basically just two frames...and have the left frame be the page you wrote with your image, and setting your framespacing = 0. i dont know if there is an easier way to do this but i did this when i wanted a pic against the left side it worked for me... here is an example of the frame page...

</head>

<frameset cols="300,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0">
    <frame src="yourpage.html" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" name="Left" />
    <frame src="otherpage.html" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" name="right" />
    </frameset>

hope this helps,

dj

Thread Information