www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Drawing Site

Drawing Site

Help me with this, html, color, content, layout, ect. All comments wanted. Please tell me what browser your also using to view the page.

Site Link Here
    My settings

Browser :: FireFox 1.5
    Resolution :: 1152x864
    Connection :: Cable Modem 2Mbs

Nice site! I really like the layout. The drawings are pretty cool too! Keep up the good work!

Also check out my Fourm and sign up if you would like, also I wouldn't mind reviews of the forum.
    My settings

general:
    clean clear simple site, perfect for presenting drawings and offering drawing tutorials.

coding:
    put all the css coding into a .css file and use:
    <LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="layout.css"/>
    in the head section so the .html file links to it to get the layout info.

use <h#> tags in your css and get rid of the font tags.

get rid of the tables (loads of stuff on the internet about not designing with tables), especially as your page is very simple, you can put everything straight onto the background or in div's like you did on the introduction page.

write the menu as a list:
    <UL>
    <LI>head
    <LI>front view
    <LI>3/4 view
    </UL>

with this in your .css file to control the look of the list:
    UL
    {
    list-style: none;
    list-style-image: none;
    display:inline;
    padding: 0px 0px;
    margin: 0;
    font-size:8pt;
    text-indent:0px
    }

color:
    i like the simple plain white color scheme. you dont need an impressive color scheme as your drawings do that for you. lots of people would have been tempted to over-design a site like this, so well done for staying simple.

navigation:
    is the plan to eventually have everything in the menu on the left to be a link to drawing that particular thing? if so, your have a nice simple easy to navigate menu. but, you might want to make sure the drawings arent overlapped by the menu as they are when i view the site. since the point of having the drawings there is so people can see them, you dont really want anything getting in the way. if youve designed it this way i would consider changing it. if its a result of my browser id consider making sure it doesnt happen. divs would fix this.

some of the links on the site map page are broken as they dont contain: "http://www.".

really nice images, excellent drawings. i would suggest making them a bit smaller with links to an enlarged view (possibly with some info about the drawing such as date, medium, etc. and info about the character, such as name, etc.) as they seem crowded on the page with not enough white space around them to really look at them. they are such good drawings i think you should do everything you can to present them in the best way possible.

summary:
    loads of potential to be a really good site. could be expanded loads to allow others to display their drawings, provide more links to drawing materials shops, manga and anime sites, etc.

Ok, thanks rapid I looked over your post and I will do the best that I can to change everything you have said.
    My settings

I changed the front page and I changed the link types, I think, so tell me what you think.

Can you tell me what color links you see? I wanna make sure that it all changed.

Thanks

Site
    My settings

Thread Information