www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Clear Background?

Clear Background?

I posted this in the "Java Script" forum and was told it was posted in the wrong forum. I'll take a shot that the post can be answered here. Here is the original post:

Hello To All!

I have been out of the web design field for many years and was just recently asked to do a site for my local church at www.wcog.net

I would like to place a piece of script on the home page in the upper righ-hand corner of the page. It is, in fact, already there.

My problem is that I want the theme to show through. I want a clear background so all the visitors see is the text and NOT the grey color that is currently there. I have viewed the HTML for my site but just can't get the right hex code.

How can I make the background transparent?

Thanks!

Jeff Farrar
    Alabama

That applet causes a huge load time hit for really very little value. I'd either dump it entirely or replace it with a bit of Javascript. As far as the grey goes, have you tried just leaving out the background color and border color parameters?

Where Might I find a script to display the time? I can do a search so don't go to any bother just thought you might have something at your fingertips.

thanks for the help,

Jeff

Try replacing this...
    Code:
          <p align="right">
            <applet code="Time.class" codebase="http://wcog.net/v-web/date/" width="225" height="20">
              <param name="textcolor" value="800000">
              <param name="backcolor" value="c0c0c0">
              <param name="font" value="Arial">
              <param name="fontsize" value="11">
              <param name="bordercolor" value="c0c0c0">
            </applet>
    ...with this...
    Code:
    <p style="text-align: right; color: #800000; font-family: arial, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold;">
    <script lang="JavaScript">
      today = new Date();
      document.write(today.toLocaleString());
    </script>
    </p>
    Pretty darned close to what you have, except it is static (time does not increment).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information