www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please Review My Site!!

Lightbulb Please Review My Site!!

HERES MY SITE, HAVENT HAD MUCH TIME TO WORK ON IT BUT AM GOING AT A STEADY PACE...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION HOW TO FIX IT

www.saxevents.com

I REALLY WANT TO ADD A BASIC FORUM WHERE NO LOGIN IS NECCESARY AND ANY ONE CAN POST, I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO TRACK THE I.P.'S AND STUFF

THANKS A LOT

--NEIL--

Well to start, take a tap at your caps lock will ya? Thanks.

Now as for the site. All I see is a whole bunch of images and flash. In my honest opinion that can't even be considered a site. An image gallery maybe, but not a site. The site is way too flashy. The second I saw it I wanted to leave. It jumps out at me and grabs me by the throat. That's not good. Especially for elderly people with heart problems. I hope I'm not trashing on you too much. I'm just trying to tell the truth. I hope I provided something useful.

did u enter the site?? theres an enter button mixed in there somewhere..its below he flash and first jpg

www.saxevents.com/saxmain.html

for quick reference

thanks

advice is being taken

Woah! There is an actual site? I didn't even see that. I was too preoccupied with all the images.

Now that I can see the actual page I can do a more useful review...

It's a bit basic. It could use a little bit more work. Maybe you should look into hiring a professional to layout your site a bit better or maybe look for some good CSS templates to build on. Also it is using tables. You do have a Doctype so I'm assuming whoever made that page knows a little bit about semantics. Most people who have taken the time to research Doctypes also know that tables are bad for layout. You should get that fixed. That's all I can think of for now.

had the same problem, took me a while to notice the enter button. perhaps you could make it look different to the images, or better yet, get rid of the enter page, especially as you have the advert/flyers/images on the home page.

give visitor the choice of whether to listen to your music and watch kevin lyttle. they might have their own music playing or just might not want to listen to yours.

if its supposed to be a promotional website then it definitely needs some really sharp design input, which i hope will involve getting rid of the tables. your site needs to have the same quality as your flyers.

its a mammouth tusk, i mean task. good luck.

Hi! From a vistors point of view as I am not a web designer...I didnt even get the first page loaded as was taking forever. I am one of the many unfortunates who only has access to dial up at the moment. Just something to consider.

ya dial up is something that is tought to be considerate for, as the flash and graphics are of high quality, though the site lacks real quality. getting a professional site is kinda pricey thouhg, if any of you know any one could do it for me at a reasonable rate i would consider any offers. Similar to what i have just a lot better looking verison of it!

thanks neil

email is NEILP1@GMAIL.COM

is it easier to recognize the ENTER button with the new layout

www.saxevents.com

im actually in the process or making it a rollover image to its even easier to tell

enter is much easier to see.

not only as its at the top but also as it was the first part of the page to load.

Thread Information